An Explanation to Billing Issues

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Here some possible answers as to the billing errors. Don't ask me as to the tax sales issue. I am trying to find out more information. Your case may be not in one of the below explanation and maybe an isolated case. More as I find out.

Double Billing Errors:

The Credit Card is not double billed. The initial charge for June never took place. Therefore in July, some customers were charged twice. One for the June Payment (which did not happen) and then for July about a week later.

What it seems like double billing is called a "pre-auth". VOOM has to ensure that funds are availabe before hitting the Credit Card. Therefore, when it looks like double billing (because VOOM is holding the funds), once they are available then it is accepted. But not double billed.

Customers Getting Billed after Disconnect:

The agent (csr's) should de-activate the Credit Card once the disconnect is checked in and the local installer picks up the equipment; It was found that a large majority of them were not, so the Credit Card was being hit after the disconnect. That has since been raised with the call centers, and that problem should be decreasing tremendously due to re training of all the agents.

Sean,

New voomers should be aware that you will be charged for a month in advance. I know this is common practice, but I was quite suprised when I got two bills only eight days apart. I noticed this about the time all the flurry of multiple billings hit the forum and got nervous. When I called it in they said not to worry that they were just billing for the one month in advance.

My bills have been ok since then.

I still don't like the fact VOOM keeps charging you after you call to cancel programming. The date they stop charging is after the equipment is picked up (1 week later) and Voom is notified by my installer (whenever that is?). Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound right. Other providers can immediately deactivate you after you go thru their retention departments (which we all love) and tell them you are canceling because of "financial reasons".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts