Status
Please reply by conversation.

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
When E* has their free previews of their packages why don't they put it up on FTA unencrypted? I am sure news would spread quickly across forums like this and the majority of those that would watch it would be just getting the free TV for the weekend but I bet a decent percentage 5-10 % may actually see programming they have to watch and sub to one of the DBS services. I guess it is sorta what "The Tube" has done to get a following. I am sure there are copyright problems and MPAA problems but it would seem like a good idea to me. Kinda like the old MP3 situation, they needed to embrace the technology and use it to their advantage. If I wanted all these movies for free I could find plenty of places to get them with good quality for free - I don't care to bother myself with the "free" stuff and rather sub (which I do - AEP and more).

Just an Idea....What do you all think?

they probably don't want to go to the trouble of doing that....

Even though it is passed through to C-banders when free preview weekends come along via FTA, doesn't mean that DBS providers would do likewise. They're out to make a profit on everything. Even if it's free-to-air weekend for DBS subscribers doesn't mean that regular FTAers are included in that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)