An interesting article about the battery charging issue on the iPad and other devices...

The first point of accuracy about this article is the name of the source. Nothing in this world is more true than the "Cult of Mac". :D <--- This means it was a joke.

On a serious note. Although many of us on here already knew this about all batteries in general, as a teacher I loved how the author used the mattress pumping analogy to explain why more Volts are needed as the charge gets closer to 100% capacity for many of the readers whom may not fully understand general properties of electricity. I often use analogies like these to connect the connect of what I am teaching to concepts in which my students may already understand.

The first point of accuracy about this article is the name of the source. Nothing in this world is more true than the "Cult of Mac". :D <--- This means it was a joke.

Sigh... this was not necessary. Please, lets get beyond this. Thank you.

On a serious note. Although many of us on here already knew this about all batteries in general, as a teacher I loved how the author used the mattress pumping analogy to explain why more Volts are needed as the charge gets closer to 100% capacity for many of the readers whom may not fully understand general properties of electricity. I often use analogies like these to connect the connect of what I am teaching to concepts in which my students may already understand.

I suspect most end-users have long-forgotten the general properties of electricity beyond you don't let yourself serve as the conductor in a circuit. But the mattress pumping analogy was a good one.

Did you get my PM? Sorry about the grammar and spelling; I was using my phone so typing wasn't easy.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)