An Open Letter to and Unnamed Troll...

Vicki is all W-O-M-A-N. thanks for reminding us all about the "ignore" feature. I used it for the first and, I hope, only time. My pulse is back to normal until Monday.

Thanks, Vicki, for your post.

Since I'm a member of some audiophile forums as well as well as this one and Yahoo/VOOM I've come to the conclusion that there are a number of people who get their "kicks" by doing negative or contrary posts as it gets them a lot of attention. Remember, if I "remember" my psycology class teachings correctly, humans (and other animals) will do anything to get attention including negative attention.

However, sitting here under filtered sunny skies in Seattle it is not hard to remind myself that the vast majority of people and posts are great!, Gill

Great post Vicki!

I think if someone is put on the ignore list by a certain number of members - that person should be banned - voted off the island! and should not be allowed to slither out of another hole with a different user name.

You know who you are!

Just my opinion: the mods do an excellent job with this forum but I would not be nearly as tolerant of these "bad apples".

Rick214 said:
Great post Vicki!

I think if someone is put on the ignore list by a certain number of members - that person should be banned - voted off the island! and should not be allowed to slither out of another hole with a different user name.

You know who you are!

Just my opinion: the mods do an excellent job with this forum but I would not be nearly as tolerant of these "bad apples".
Rick214, just spotted your post in this older thread. I've been off the forum for a while, and have observed what I think might be "reincarnation" of some trolls.

I'm not certain it's all new screen names for people slithering out of new holes, but at a minimum, it's birds of the same feather. If it walks like a troll, talks like a troll, and stinks like a troll...there's a good possibility IT ARE A TROLL!!!

Since I saw my name called in a couple of threads I haven't even posted in at all yet, by at least one of these (perhaps new or perhaps reincarnated) trolls...I figured maybe this thread could use a bump.

My reference in the original post can easily be replaced with newer, more current references to a couple of the new screen names I've seen. But even without utilizing any current references...the rest of the original post can and does apply to the behavior of some of our new "friends", as well as a couple of the old ones who just can't bear to leave the party yet....

Just my opinion...if anyone wants me to back my opinion up with current references, I'll be happy to do so....on Tuesday, when I'm fully caught up with my real life. But it's been my experience that the smarter trolls don't ask you for examples or back-up if they know you can provide it. :) Vicki

Vicki said:
Rick214, just spotted your post in this older thread. I've been off the forum for a while, and have observed what I think might be "reincarnation" of some trolls.

I'm not certain it's all new screen names for people slithering out of new holes, but at a minimum, it's birds of the same feather. If it walks like a troll, talks like a troll, and stinks like a troll...there's a good possibility IT ARE A TROLL!!!

Since I saw my name called in a couple of threads I haven't even posted in at all yet, by at least one of these (perhaps new or perhaps reincarnated) trolls...I figured maybe this thread could use a bump.

My reference in the original post can easily be replaced with newer, more current references to a couple of the new screen names I've seen. But even without utilizing any current references...the rest of the original post can and does apply to the behavior of some of our new "friends", as well as a couple of the old ones who just can't bear to leave the party yet....

Just my opinion...if anyone wants me to back my opinion up with current references, I'll be happy to do so....on Tuesday, when I'm fully caught up with my real life. But it's been my experience that the smarter trolls don't ask you for examples or back-up if they know you can provide it. :) Vicki
I still say people placed on your "Ignore List" should not be able to see your posts. Eventually, the trollmongers will have nothing to read and thus no reason to troll this forum.

Vicki said:
I am actually going to put you on my "ignore" list. Now, now…don’t get emotional…there’s no need to thank me!

I want to learn. I'll look on my control panel. I like the idea of the "ignore" feature and need to learn how to use it. Someone please let me know how this works in case the feature is somewhere else.

I found this forum when I went looking for this mystical provider Voom in 2003. It was a great resource then. I forgot about it unfortunately as I went about just enjoying Voom as a sub. Of course when everything hit the fan I was back and again this has once more been a great resource. However I've become very tired of the the ongoing bashing that's filled these threads. I also believe in self regulation. Ignore will be a great help in enjoying this forum again.

To quote the Music Man, "Pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little pick, pick, pick, pick, pick." I can't wait to toon out the hens. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts