[Other Topic] An open letter to Eric Rhoads owner Streamline Publishing Inc. & Radio Ink

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
An open letter to Eric Rhoads owner Streamline Publishing Inc. & Radio Ink

Dear Mr. Rhoads,

It’s been a week since you pulled the plug on the RadioDiscussions.COM based on what was called an “economic decision.”

Since then the radio world has been in an uproar as they don’t know where to go and even worse still is many are upset that years of historical radio industry posts are now gone, erased from the internet. I am sure that the Fleming family was upset to see that all the hard work their late son Doug worked for was gone.

I have contacted you seeking to purchase the assets of RadioDiscussions.COM and have not even received a reply.

I am writing you this letter with a few ideas of how we can bring the history of RadioDiscussions.COM back that will not cost Radio Ink a cent, and in fact could earn Streamline Publishing / Radio Ink additional revenues.

First off I am offering to host RadioDiscussions.COM on our servers here at SatelliteGuys.US for no charge and for the first year of hosting 100% of any profits earned would go to Radio Ink. We have over 10 years’ experience running online communities and have built SatelliteGuys into America’s Largest Satellite / Home Theater Technology site. We are also one of the largest vBulletin sites in the USA as well. We can work to fix the issues that were created when you switched your software to vBulletin, we have the experience to make it better and bring people back!

You already own the software and you have the database, your cost to do this would be nothing. And again you could be making a profit off of something that is now making you nothing. You have nothing to lose. We are also great at monetizing vBulletin sites and with some reworking of your layout besides making it easier for your users to use you can also make more money.

In this proposal the website would be open for users to post new threads to the site, and would allow RadioDiscussions.COM to fully operate again.

However if this is not acceptable to you, then my second proposal would be to allow us to run RadioDiscussions.COM on our servers in an archived state. This means all the history of RadioDiscussions.COM would be there for anyone to research, however no new posts would be permitted. Again we would host this for you on our servers a no cost. We would make this site available ad free to viewers.

I ask that you please consider one of our proposals and do so out of respect to those who have invested so much time and effort into building RadioDiscussions.COM what it was. Out of respect to the radio industry who depended on RadioDiscussions.COM for the unbiased feedback and out of respect for the Fleming Family and the memory of Doug Fleming. You honestly have nothing to lose.

Please allow us to keep the spirit and memory alive!

I may be contacted at sg@satelliteguys.us, I look forward to hearing from you,

Best Regards,

Scott Greczkowski
Founder
SatelliteGuys.US

Reactions: Nascarken 91xg
Good move. Let us hope for a favorable reply.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Good luck to you Scott! I have been a member of radio info now radio discussions since 1998 99 ish I hope something good comes out of this for you as well as every other radio enthusiast

I just had a reporter call me about this and asked me a question... of what is in it for us (or me)

For me we have the server space and bandwidth available just sitting there not being used. I am a fan of radio and for me the big thing about the take down of RadioDiscussions is the loss of the years of radio history.

I might be strange but making money to me is not a priority. As long as we can pay our bills I am happy. And being able to salvage the years of history and possibly bring back a great site would mean a lot to me.

I just had a reporter call me about this and asked me a question... of what is in it for us (or me)
A legit reporter ? That's an odd question for him/her to ask. I'm wondering if this "reporter" called you on this guy's behalf.

Guarantee you that you're not the only person who has made similar offers.

A legit reporter ? That's an odd question for him/her to ask. I'm wondering if this "reporter" called you on this guy's behalf.

Guarantee you that you're not the only person who has made similar offers.
Yes Hall, believe it or not there are lots of Radio Publications. :)

not here. When I go there I get this

Effective immediately RadioDiscussions and RadioDiscussions.com is ceasing operation.

We appreciate all of your support over the years.

Please direct questions or comments to: radiodiscussionscomments@gmail.com
OK Now I got that message. I swear at around 6pm ET the site was working again and it couldn't have been cached because I never visited the site before.

I saw a post on an engineering board that said for a few minutes on the afternoon of 11 Dec, about 5 PM CST, radiodiscussions.com was up. He said he was logged in with his existing cookies but had no posting privileges. He said the main page contained an option to become a premium subscriber. I wonder if that could have been part of a plan to monetize the site before the decision was made to pull the plug. Or going dark could be part of a still active monetization strategy. If they suddenly announced a subscription fee during normal operations there would have been a huge backlash. If the site comes back after a few weeks, people might be happy enough to have it back that they'd be willing to subscribe. Just speculation ... I don't know if they're that clever. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts