Analog and Digital FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I just purchased a Coolsat 4000 Pro, standard KU LNBF and a SG2100 H-H motor.

I would like to use one of my old C/KU band analog IRD's to receive the many analog KU FTA channels still available.

My question is how would I hook up the receivers? I am assuming I would connect the standard KU LNBF to the IF input of the Coolsat and the IF output on the Coolsat to the IF input on the analog IRD.

Would I then connect the video / audio outputs on the analog IRD to the TV or would I need to connect both the Coolsat and analog IRD video / audio outputs to the TV and switch inputs on the TV?

I almost went with the Pansat 2700A, but Iceberg's review on the Coolsat convinced me to buy the Coolsat instead. I am sure I will be 100% happy it seems to be a great receiver.

Dave :)

Yes Iceberg has certainly boosted the sales for the Coolsat, they should send him one for free : )

The audio/video cables should be hooked directly (independently) to the TV, thats how my Digital/Analog system works.

Thank you Pete, that does make sense. I assume the IF hook-up is correct as well with the signal from the LNB going into the Coolsat receiver first then to the analog IRD?

What I have is my Coolsat hooked to the dish/LNB. From the loop out, I go to my analog receiver (an old Toshiba)

I have both through a VCR….video 1 is the coolsat and video 2 is the Toshiba

Thank you once again Iceberg!

I was wondering if there is any loss when attaching the coax to hookup the SG2100 H-H motor? When bypassed and set to a single satellite, is the signal strength higher?

nope.

I just did a test a while back to see if the DirecPC that I just got (35x20) was better than the 30" motorized and the numbers were identical. The motor is just a passthrough

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)