Analog C-Band Channels Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvdxer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
Just thought this would be interesting...

I have a weird thing for lists, especially lists of channels (yes, I'm strange). It's interesting to see how fast analog satellite TV has declined..

In 1997, I made a list of all available analog channels. I think it came out to roughly 225.

In September 2004, there were approximately 90 analog TV channels.

In June 2005, there were roughly 75 analog channels available on C-Band....

By May 2006, that number had shrunk to around 55.

Last September, there were 20 channels left.

A look at Lyngsat shows just :

(Clear)
C-SPAN
C-SPAN2
Home Shopping Network
QVC
Classic Arts Showcase
ShopNBC
EWTN
INSP
RAI Italia (part-time)
Shepherd's Chapel
VSEN Henrico / Varina / Wise (are these still in use? - I don't believe so, not counted)

(Encrypted)
The Weather Channel
ESPN
ESPN2

I don't believe there any others.

That's about 14 channels. Probably comparable to 1979.

Funny to see this still being sold: http://www.skyvision.com/store/mi4599100.html

Any of the above planning on shutting off analog? Who do you think will be last up there, and when?

RAI Italia (part-time)

Has anyone seen this one recently? I haven't. I know it's not 24/7, but I've looked during the times listed on lyngsat and never seen it. Admittedly I haven't made it a mission, just casual like.

Thanks for posting those numbers. It's interesting to see.

appreciate the list:

Hope to bring up my first real BUD in the near future, and this'll be a useful list to work through with the old analog receiver 'n feed.

equant, that RAI was still up on AMC1 last time I looked, prob a month ago. Usually see it around 530pm Central. Don't think it stays on very long though, maybe an hour or two. Forget the tp its on..

equant, that RAI was still up on AMC1 last time I looked, prob a month ago. Usually see it around 530pm Central. Don't think it stays on very long though, maybe an hour or two. Forget the tp its on..

I checked my notes, last time I looked was in October and I had RAI on tps 16 & 23.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)