Analog channels to be discontinued

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The C4 feeds are in combo (aka, megapipe) I believe. They won't work with the 4dtv.

that's correct.

Whatever replaces WeatherStar (if anything) will be expensive if they use the Weather channel megapipe feed that has the SD/HD Weather Channel feeds and various weather data service streams, or if they can put the datastream in NBCU's only non-megapipe DC2 mux, you could use a 4DTV if you can redirect the datastream to an output port on the back of the receiver.

And so the death knoll for Videocipher rings......and after about 25 years after HBO first began to talk about using the system.

RIP, Videocipher II/II+/RS, 1986-2008

And so the death knoll for Videocipher rings......and after about 25 years after HBO first began to talk about using the system.

RIP, Videocipher II/II+/RS, 1986-2008

that's a pretty good run. I can't think of much that have outlasted the VC2/VC2+/Rs system for longetity. I don't believe Oak Orion, LEITCH Viewguard, BMAC or SEDAT lasted that long.

VCII out lasted them all I am pretty sure.
Digicipher II will probably go south one day being replaced by 8psk s-2 broadcasts dvb as it uses bandwidth more efficiently.

DCII combo mode will help it hold out longer but I bet for broadcasters that DVB encoders are cheaper than Motorola DC-II equipment. (I am guessing here without facts to back up my claims but I know on a consumer level Motorola is generally more expensive).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts