Analog>Digital Conversion Boxes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Has anyone actually purchased one of these using the "$40. coupon"? If so, what's your experience on the out of pocket costs?

Went to Radio Shack with my coupon yesterday and pulled the only one they had off the shelf -- $159.95!!

I went to the manager and asked "what's up?" and she stated that "oh, someone entered a 1 instead of a $". In other words, after the coupon I could have it for $20.00.

Just wondering if anyone has found these cheaper, or should I just wait a while?

there is a thread already open that has some info, but basically, for $48 at Walmart you can get a digital receiver that will convert the digital OTA signal to composite video. You get a yellow RCA out for video and red and white RCA out for audio. You might also get a modulated channel 3 (I can't remember) You get NO HD signal. The one you saw at RS may have the HDMI or component output, hence the big cost. Of course to get any HD you have to have "HD Ready" monitor. Anything selling now (or almost anything) will have built-in digital ATSC reception. HTH :cool:

there is a thread already open that has some info, but basically, for $48 at Walmart you can get a digital receiver that will convert the digital OTA signal to composite video. You get a yellow RCA out for video and red and white RCA out for audio. You might also get a modulated channel 3 (I can't remember)

Thanks, I'll check Walmart. I do have some older tvs that I use different places. RCA out won't do, still have to convert that to cable input. No HDTV in the barn.. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)