Analog Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
Hey Guys ..............my question is. Can I use my TRX1420 analog receiver on its own to get the analog feeds with my temporary setup on my deck. This is what I did with my Fortec until I did a permanent install. I moved it by hand until I installed my SG2100 motor and once I had everything figured out I installed on a pole in the backyard. I have a 33' dish with an Invacom SNH-031 lnb and the previously mentioned Toshiba receiver. If I move it by hand will I get a signal from SBS 6 and AMC 9 and be able to pick up the KU analog without slaving it thru my Fortec. (that I don't want to have to unhook). Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

PS.

To Iceberg:

Your previous help with my slaving ???'s didn't work for me because of tree issues. On my deck I have pretty good sightlines and can get from 58* all the way to 129* and I want to fire up this Toshiba and be ready for the fall sports frenzy. Thanks for your help.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I have the same unit :) (1420)

I havent been able to get it to work on its own. I'll try again and see. It should be able to operate on its own.

mk279

SatelliteGuys Guru
Supporting Founder
Apr 30, 2005
Thanks ...... I'm going golfing and I'll check back later. I don't want to get started , with not really knowing if I am doing something wrong right off the bat. I guess the issue here is knowing if you are on the satellite by getting some kind of indication of signal. That is where I have no knowledge with this unit. I remember with the old Unidens, you just hit the scan button and all it did was rapidly go up and down from 1-24 and if you saw some colour you would stop to see where you were.

CbandLover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 20, 2004
That is what I did with my 1820, was start a scan on KU and move my Primestar around. Problem with mine is it had old sat names programmed into it, like Morelos. The frequencies were off on some transponders. But if you have the remote for it, and Lyngsat, you should be able to reprogram it to the xpnders that are listed for AMC9 and SBS6. Takes forever to do that, but I did. Click to that sat on the box, and start looking for analog feeds. Just program in the NTSC feed frequencies. Berg, correct me if there is another, easier way.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I programmed in SBS6 for SBS6 :) and Galaxy 7 for the rest (remember I slave mine so polarity isnt required)

If you're doing stand alone, use 2 Galaxy satellites for the different polarity (some are opposite polarity)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts