Android app usage

The article say what the top 10 and/or top 50 android apps are. I'd be interested in seeing the list too. I'd like to see a similar study done for iOS as well. I'd thing they have similar statistics.

Yep, lots of useless apps on the market. Of course, a useless app to one person may be a useful niche app to another. For example, I just installed a NIST Reference Guide for IA Controls app. I'm sure that I am one of only a few hundred people that will ever use this app. Of course, this is the case with just about everything. Heck, let's take a look at the Top 10 windows PC apps...Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.

The article say what the top 10 and/or top 50 android apps are. I'd be interested in seeing the list too. I'd like to see a similar study done for iOS as well. I'd thing they have similar statistics.

If you go to market.android.com you can view the top free and top paid apps. The top 10 free apps as of the moment are, in order...

YouTube
Google Maps
Kindle
Facebook
Pandora
Angry Birds
Dragon Fly
Words With Friends Free
Music Download
Advanced Task Killer

Both YouTube and Google Maps had updates come out in the past few days hence why they're, numbers 1 and 2. It would be great if we could see number of unique downloads versus number of total downloads. YouTube and Google Maps wouldn't be on the list since they come standard on phones.

It sort of makes sense though. Once you get your basics then you have the "specialty" market that by definition doesn't appeal to the general public. The Satguys app only appeals to a small number of the overall Android users. I have a video player that allows me to see videos on my station's web site, but to most it would be redundant. So it is really not surprising that 10-50 apps would be used half the time overall. Heck, the same thing holds true for TV channels. You have a dozen super-popular channels and everyone else fights for their niche.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts