Android newbie here...

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Considering switching over to an android phone. I have a few questions on customization.

How customizable are notification sounds? I have 4 different email accounts, 2 work, 2 personal and I want to have a different notification sound for each account. Would it depend on the phone, or the version of Android installed, for me to be able to do that?

Is there a preferred audio file format for custom ringtones and sounds, or is mp3 suitable?

How easy is it to manage storage, customize whether apps, data, pictures etc. are stored on the phone's memory or sd card?

I use Nokia's Here Drive mapping app and am able to download specific state maps of the states I frequently drive in so I don't have to use data when traveling. Does the google maps app have a similar feature, or do you recommend a different mapping app that would serve that purpose?

My windows phone does. It's not the app, it's part of the OS.

I have a Live account, Exchange account, and 2 Gmail accounts, each set up with a different notification sound.

I use Nokia's Here Drive mapping app and am able to download specific state maps of the states I frequently drive in so I don't have to use data when traveling. Does the google maps app have a similar feature, or do you recommend a different mapping app that would serve that purpose?

It does indeed, and (important to me) allows me to store those offline maps on my microSDHC card.

What e-mail client app gives you different alert sounds for different accounts?

I see a good number of "offline" street map apps.
Samsung s8 with oreo you can now have separate accounts for email and texting..just happened in the last month or so on verizon...THIS IS ONLY ON VERSION 8.0 OR HIGHER..not available on marshmallow

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Samsung s8 with oreo you can now have separate accounts for email and texting..just happened in the last month or so on verizon...THIS IS ONLY ON VERSION 8.0 OR HIGHER..not available on marshmallow
Multiple e-mail accounts isn't really the issue that the TS was getting at. The issue, as I understood it, is whether or not each account can have a unique alert sound when new e-mails are received.

Multiple e-mail accounts isn't really the issue that the TS was getting at. The issue, as I understood it, is whether or not each account can have a unique alert sound when new e-mails are received.
Yes..in oreo each account has a unique alert sound..that's what I was trying to say.

Yes..in oreo each account has a unique alert sound..that's what I was trying to say.

Dual Messenger

Your Galaxy S8 has Dual Messenger capability, letting you use 2 accounts on the same chat app. Keep separate accounts for work and home, but on the same phone.

You can find Dual Messenger in Settings > Advanced features.

[https://scache]

Dual Messenger

Your Galaxy S8 has Dual Messenger capability, letting you use 2 accounts on the same chat app. Keep separate accounts for work and home, but on the same phone.

You can find Dual Messenger in Settings > Advanced features.

[https://scache]

You can also set email alerts too on individual email addresses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)