Android to run GM cars?

Haven't used it, don't know.

But if GM releases an app for Android that tells me the reason that frickin' engine light went on, I'd really consider one...:)

Diogen.

Haven't used it, don't know.

But if GM releases an app for Android that tells me the reason that frickin' engine light went on, I'd really consider one...:)

Diogen.

Laff, gotta love it. All the technology and gadgets, yet they don't yet do a simple built in diagnostic read-out. Gotta go to the dealer or autozone etc to get the code reader... *sigh*

Interesting article about the battle for the dashboard
Google sets sights on the dashboard

This is probably important (for Google)
What MyFord doesn’t have is connectivity - it can operate as a Wi-Fi hotspot but you'll need to fit a USD dongle for the backhaul, and map updates have to be carried out to the car on an SD Card. We can't imagine Google would be interested in such a disconnected model, which is where GM could differentiate itself.

It looks like all smartphone OSs - MS, RIM, Android and iPhone - are looking to jump into the dashboard market...

Diogen.

Chevy Volt reportedly the first car to run Android
Google's Android OS Headed to the Chevy Volt : TreeHugger

It is claimed to be in competition with Ford/Sync
GM Woos Google: Collaboration Would Compete with Ford/Microsoft's Sync - Wide Open Throttle - Motor Trend Magazine

Wall Street Journal sees a different twist
The pairing would likely involve a way for users of Android-based smartphones to use OnStar features from their phone while not in their car ... For instance, a person could find out information about their vehicle's maintenance needs through the Android phone. In the case of the Volt, GM's coming electric car, an owner may be able to keep track of the car's battery charge without being in the car.

Diogen.

Household Download Index

SimCity4???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)