Goodbye iPhone Hello Android

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
iphone 6+ gets hot but only on discharge with the screen on bright. If the Samy gets hot on charging, that's an indication the charge current is too high and that will generate hydrogen gas discharge. They could reduce that and lengthen the time to full charge to slow the hydrogen gassing. I can think of a couple ways to do that but only one that prevents people from doing something stupid and that would require an internal wiring change, thus, a recall and replace.

Roland: Does Apple spell checker really change mail to email? I shut that off on all my Apple products because it was the worst spell checker I have ever used. I spent more time correcting the Apple Genius Spell checker auto changer than it ever did fixing my own typo's. I am a very good speller, but my fingers to keypad is severely challenged. Soi I oiftenm hiut sonmnkeysd twio at a trimne. :)

BTW- I'm on my Surface Pro with the keypad cover. I'm a huge fan of this Surface Pro.

I can edit 3D video with Vegas Pro of Grass Valley Edius, it is that fast.

Roland: Does Apple spell checker really change mail to email? I shut that off on all my Apple products because it was the worst spell checker I have ever used. I spent more time correcting the Apple Genius Spell checker auto changer than it ever did fixing my own typo's. I am a very good speller, but my fingers to keypad is severely challenged. Soi I oiftenm hiut sonmnkeysd twio at a trimne. :)
I was trying to implicate the Samsung's spellchecker in Scott's post. I've never had the iPhone change mail to email (or, as I like to type, e-mail)

I did notice that I misspelled spell-check in my post above, but I liked "spiel-check" and let it stand... :)

Oh please!! Blow the dust out of your wallet and just the the iPad Pro, you know you want to! :)

I love mine and use it quite a bit.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

I think a Surface Pro update may be a better fit for me, but you are right, I need to get another ipad for my wife who is still using the original ipad ver 1. It is n o longer upgradable to latest iOS so most apps being released won't work on it. Not that that is a problem for her. It is a problem for the grandkids who can't play the latest games and are starting to complain. I think the only thing she uses the ipad for is a reader for her local paper.

I've got a Surface Pro 2 I almost never use. I liked W8.1 better on it than W10 because I used it mostly in tablet mode. But battery life is just too damned short to even care. :)

I use my iPad Pro for almost everything these days except reading. I use one of a few smaller tablets or e-readers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lloyd- I had some time today to play with an ipad pro and made the decision it wasn't for me. Too limited! Plus, we had trouble with the demo they had with a Belkin Keyboard. The dang thing would not pair after the first time. Out of the box it would pair. Then power down and the next time it failed. The salesman tried two more and the same thing happened. Something must be wrong with the Belkin KB. Didn't have an Apple version, but it seems that would be a better choice. Do you have a KB and if so is it a Belkin? The store on the ship is an Apple resaler but not a full Apple store. Kind of like we see at Best Buy. It is staffed with an Apple employee.

I also got a chance to sit through a seminar on hidden tips for the iphone and picked up a couple of tricks I didn't know about.

Don - I currently have both the Zagg keyboard/case and Apple Smart Keyboard. The Zagg makes the Pro almost like a laptop in size and use. It uses bluetooth and is very nice and works quite well. Handy on the desk and lap. Not so handy when carrying because it just about doubles the overall weight.

The Apple Smart Keyboard use the smart connector and works extremely well on a desk and it is very light so carrying isn't as much of an issue.

The Zagg, and Logitech's Create both have backlit keyboards. The Apple Smart Keyboard doesn't.

Most of the time I use the Zagg because I like the backlighting, but on a trip I use the Apple Smart Keyboard. BTW, I got my Apple Smart Keyboard on Ebay for $100 and it looks and works just like new.

For me I can do all that I do on the iPad Pro. The only hold out for me was my music engraving software, but I haven't actually used that on the computer in over a year, so not an issue anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keyboard issue aside, I spent over an hour with the ipad Pro and came to the conclusion, it is not for me. It does many things really great but none of those are of any use to me. I have the 6+ and that has replaced most of my ipad usage because the screen for my eyes is great. But for the stuff I do on a lap top while traveling, cannot be done with the ipad pro. It can with my original surface pro. So if I am to upgrade one device, it will be the surface pro. Decision made.

Lloyd- I went back to revisit the sales rep from the Apple store on the ship and he did figure out ( he read the manual ) how to pair the Belkin Keyboard to the ipad pro. So I played with it a little more and really confirmed the ipad pro was way too limited for my needs. What it does, it does very well but I am not into what it does. I really need, Excel spreadsheet and MS Word. I need to edit 3D video using Vegas Pro and Grass Valley Edius. I really need 100% compatibility with a PC when traveling so what I do can be easily transferred to the PC when I get home. It's why I bought the Surface Pro in the first place. So, if I do get a new ipad, I think it will be a regular upgrade for my wife who can get by with that environment. She is still using the ipad ver 1 and it works fine for most of her needs but none of the new stuff runs on it. She has the local newspaper subscription which still works but they have advised us we will need to upgrade to iOS 9 or higher next year. Apple will not upgrade the original ipad anymore.

PS- we did order her a new iphone SE 64GB. The home button hardly works anymore and the battery only lasts for 4 hours and takes about 4 hours to charge up to 100%. It's time. Cost $49.99 + $40 upgrade fee + tax. Still a good deal I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)