Anik f1r 107.3 W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tbh9365

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
I have been trying to find out if Anik f1R 107.3 W is viewable from my location
in South Carllina. I would like to get the FTA channels the Lynsat has listed for
this satellite. I was told that I would need a circular lnb, and that It could
only be received in Canada. But what Little I know about it, would lead me
to believe that I should be able to pick it up. I was thinking of investing in an
HH motor and a 36" dish, and the Invacom linear/circular Lnb. but It would
mainly be to pick up the Anik F1R Satellite. I tried to pick it up already with my
linear Lnb and didn't have any luck. Is anyone in the south eastern U.S, receiveing this Satellite? Would the LNB/ dish that I have described work alright?
I would also like to know what type of RS-232 cable I would need for a Coolsat
5000, Straight or Null?
thanks

Terry Harrison:eek:

There is no DVB KU programs on 107.3

Everything on there is DCII encryption and needs a previously used StarChoice receiver to get them

thanks Iceberg, you may have just saved me some money, Is there any way
to pickup a used Starchoice receiver, I would sure like to get the Fight Network

Fight Network is no longer in freeview...it was in freeview for StarChoice subscribers until 5/31

something I noticed about TFN or any of the "freeview preview", they will not come through free on a receiver that had service and been disconnected. however the government stuff, access, knowledge and promo channels will.
tbh9365, I will say it is worth getting the service all together and just pay for it, it is money well spent. The Fight Network is a damn good channel to watch. :)

edited: also CKUA radio and Voice Print.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feed back, I wasn't aware that I could subscribe to star choice,
I have never seen there adds around here, like dish and direct. I also seen
that my coolsat 5000 came with a card reader option. I'm not sure what that
means. Could I possibly use it to receive the pay channels?

Thanks again for all the help.

Tbh9365

the card reader was used for an adult channel on IA5 that doesn't exist anymore.

It's mianly used in Europe (like most everything is in FTA)

being in the U.S., you will have to find someone that can help you get StarChoice here. Having some knowledge of setting dishes will help you get it set up and going without an installer.

I thought that the card reader may be something like the smart card in my dish
500, and I could purchase starchoice. Thanks for all the feed back. I have a few
other questions, but maybe I should start a new thread. thanks again.

StarChoice uses only Motorola receivers and it has to be in their "fleet"
You can't take any old box and get SC.

Also, the encryption is totally different (SC uses Digicipher II whereas the Coolsat is DVB)

Status
Please reply by conversation.