Anik F3 @ 118.8W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pixl, I think you lost me with your last post. I've had my Openbox S10 receiver for about a month now. I plugged the thing in and scanned all the satellites. I don't know anything about a channel editor or even how to use it. I'm currently researching it right now, and I downloaded a PVR800 editor. But all this stuff is going to take me some research and figuring out how to use it. What's the easiest way to enter these channels into my receiver? I didn't notice any way of editing a channel in the receiver menu. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, I figured out how to use this channel editor, and I successfully added the channels into my receiver. I get a signal strength that is around 50%. All three of the channels are coming in with my linear LNB, but the picture is HIGHLY pixelated. I got a view of the FOX 10 logo for about 10 seconds. I'll see if the picture gets any better once the snow passes.

Congrats on figuring out the editor. I had my OpenBox 6 mos. to get to where you are!

I think this is where the circular lnb will go to work for you. I get a very strong signal off that sat.

Pixl, I figured out the main problem... I adjusted the position of the dish over to 118W instead of 118.8, and I get a solid signal with no drop outs or anything. My next problem, is that I'm not getting any audio, just a good picture.

It looks like the audio PID has "AC3". I'm not sure what that means or how I enter that into the channel editor. Perhaps that's my problem with why I'm not getting any audio.

Last edited:
Andrew,

You will have to bring your data back into the editor. There is a drop down menu for audio, choose AC3, repeat for each channel, export and reload in receiver.
Take note of the AAC choice. You will need that for some odd feed one day.
I'll give you more details if you don't find it.

Last edited:
Thanks Pixl, I got the audio now!! That channel editor is nice because I was able to arrange the satellite list in order of position from 30-125W. The receiver didn't have that option. It would have taken forever to manually enter that with the receiver remote.

Yes on the OpenBox newly added sats end up at the end of the list. I let it go till the next time I need to do a channel edit, then I do house keeping on the sat list while I'm in there.

What editor are you using that lets you select the video type? The one I have lets you change the audio type, but not video.

Last edited:
What editor are you using that lets you select the video type? The one I have lets you change the audio type, but not video.

The file is called "PVR800-loader_editor_HD". You should find it if you do a Google search like I did.

Jim,

When you get to this screen on the PVR-800 editor, look near the bottom for H264 flag, default is Mpeg2, you can change to H264 here.

PVR800.jpg

It is one thing that we find the channels knowing where to look, but how did the first person find the hidden channels? Does he have a sophisticated blind-scan program that tests each video PID on a transponder? Or is it that he knows the PIDs through his employment?

The file is called "PVR800-loader_editor_HD". You should find it if you do a Google search like I did.

Thanks. I had two different versions of that program, one named PVR800 and one named S9, and neither one of them had the video type flag available for editing. The first one that comes up in a google search on the name you gave does.

It is one thing that we find the channels knowing where to look, but how did the first person find the hidden channels? Does he have a sophisticated blind-scan program that tests each video PID on a transponder? Or is it that he knows the PIDs through his employment?

They are using pc sat cards or usb receivers connected to a computer. They do run a sophisticated program that our set top boxes can't do, usually "TS Reader" that can take apart a TP and display whats going on in there.

Found them, but I have "jerk video" or "fraction of a second delay video." Can not get Q better than 50.
More fine adjustments got Q up to 67. That stopped the "jerk" but now have bad lip sync. Hummmmm?

Last edited:
I have the Openbox S10, but that requires the channel editor on my computer. I spent a few hours figuring it out last night. Heck, I didn't even know I could put a USB flash drive in the back of my receiver until last night. I am just using a linear LNB, and I get enough signal to watch all three channels all the time. I did a scan of Ciel 2 @ 129W, and the LNB is also picking up the circularly polarized scrambled spot beam locals. It's showing 2 channels for each because it picks up each channel on vertical and horizontal.

so what receivers are people able to get these channels with without having to modify specs with a channel editor?

That CS8K of yours should work. It is HD and has manual PID entry. I can not remember if a regular circular lnb goes low enough to catch that transponder but a universal lnb certainly does.

Last edited:
It's worth a shot to try to get these channels even if you are using a linear LNB. I get a 60% signal with my 30" dish and linear LNB, and that's enough to get a watchable channel. Anik F3 has an excellent signal across the country, particularly best in the east. Here in Ohio, the weather is getting bad, and I don't have easy access to my dish on top the roof, so if I don't have to change my LNB, that's a plus.

For some reason, I had to enter the satellite position as 118W rather than 118.8. I'm using USALS, and every other satellite is lined up properly, but for this one, it seems to work better when I line it up to 118W.

solomend/openbox9. figured out the channel editor, dumped abs file, edited to add three channels, saved and reloaded abs file and the channels were listed. now i do get some breaking sound and i had a flash of video on knxv but nothing since then. i had to change 12185 to 12184 to find the $998 file. a scan of the scrambled channels finds one at 11726/h/19999. v5410/a5412/p5410/sid 901. now listening to the news on that channel. i have 7 1/2' dish. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)