Anik F3 @ 118.8W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
O cool, does that work better than the plates? I haven't had the inclination to setup my dmx242 on my six footer yet so I can get 40.5w but it seems pretty hokey to me but I don't understand how the signal is harnessed with that plate. The QPH has always had a booming signal on circular for me.
Should be at least 3 db better.

The QPH031 does not use a dielectric slab in the feedhorn throat for circular reception. The unit uses electronic phasing for circular reception.

I've always wondered how that LNBF got circular and linear through the same feedhorn. The method that they use seems to work well, but the linear side of the Invacom does seem to be more sensitive to circular signals than other linear LNBFs...

Fake circular mode? The "real thing" from Hypermegasat is... a linear LNB with a piece of plastic (dielectric plate) shoved down its throat!

Uh-oh... didn't know that. I will have paid quite a bit for that piece of plastic.
I think I'll go out back today and pull the cover and look, see what is in there.

Keith,

I went out to the dish today, had planned on re-mounting the lnb a little better. While I had it off I pulled the cover and looked inside. It is indeed a circular lnb from the ground up, not a linear with a hunk of plastic the dealer shoved in there. It has a square wave guide with a ribbed metal divider that starts low then gradually steps up to full width. There are two probes at the back, one on each side of the divider, they both point straight up in the same direction. This construction is similar to what I have seen inside other Dish Network lnbs. Made of heavy cast, I'd say this is a well built $28 lnb.

Keith,

I went out to the dish today, had planned on re-mounting the lnb a little better. While I had it off I pulled the cover and looked inside. It is indeed a circular lnb from the ground up, not a linear with a hunk of plastic the dealer shoved in there. It has a square wave guide with a ribbed metal divider that starts low then gradually steps up to full width. There are two probes at the back, one on each side of the divider, they both point straight up in the same direction. This construction is similar to what I have seen inside other Dish Network lnbs. Made of heavy cast, I'd say this is a well built $28 lnb.

Then you have one of the better built ones (which is good, considering the price!). The circular LNBs (normal circular frequencies) (made by Digiwave) that I have, have the piece of plastic as the dielectric plate in them (at least the one I took apart did). They are no different, as far as the positions of the probes go, as you would find in any linear LNB with the plastic dividing it into two separate zones. Therefore, positioning the plastic in the same manner, it was very easy to convert a linear I had into a circular.

Here is a thread I remembered (going from circular to linear!) which also references Iceberg's experience with a 118 circular!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/258103-circular-lnb-linear-lnb-convert.html

EDIT: The link to Iceberg's experience doesn't work, try:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/106170-digiwave-l-c-invacom-competitor.html

Last edited:
Thanks Pixl, I got the audio now!! That channel editor is nice because I was able to arrange the satellite list in order of position from 30-125W. The receiver didn't have that option. It would have taken forever to manually enter that with the receiver remote.

I was using 2 different editors,one was from the firmware source (stbhdeditor) and another one that was supposed to be good.
Once I switched to the pvr800 editor and tweaked I was able to get the audio.
1meter fixed dish with universal lnb-65% quality on the s10 and it is raining out.
I will stick plastic in the lnb throat tomorrow.

solomend/openbox9. figured out the channel editor, dumped abs file, edited to add three channels, saved and reloaded abs file and the channels were listed.
I save the userdb.udf with the rs232 loader and edit that.Once edited,I load to the receiver with the editor.
Saves wear and tear on the usb connector.

A few post back I mentioned I could pick these up. But, I was having a lip sync problem. Also, after a few minutes the channels would lock up the S9. Reboot fixes but, does anyone have an idea as to what would/could fix these problems?
They neglected to mention you also have to set the pcr pid.
The editor won't let you leave it at zero,it gives you 2 choices; 32 or 8191
Both give lip sync problems.
They were actually trying to say the pcr RANGE is 32 to 8191; once I set the pcr pid to the vpid,lipsysnc problem went away.

I am trying to get these 3? new channels on my 12 footer Mesh Dish with possibly my C Band or Ku Band Norsat LNB's. But I also have an old Circular LNB. I also now have Sat 118.8W receiving the free C Band Channels ie Tuff TV a while back. Can someone please tell me what or how to use the R & L Polarities are on an AzBox Premium Plus, and how to scan in these new Channels? I'm only familiar with V & H Polarities. Is all the Channel info for these 3 new channels on Lungsat or Sathint? Any replies would be much appreciated.

...Is all the Channel info for these 3 new channels on Lyngsat or Sathint? Any replies would be much appreciated.
I receive all 3 almost nightly on my S9 using a linear LNB set for horizontal with 1-metre motorized dish. Receive quality is strong enough for a perfectly clear high quality picture except in the worst weather. All info is on sathint for Anik F3. I had to scan the tp, edit PIDs of the $998 scanned result, then scan / edit again 2 more times to get all 3. Don't forget to edit SID or else a new scan won't get a new $998 result. You must also edit video from Mpeg2 to H264. It's all worth it. These are the best source of those networks on Ku. No special skewing of LNB necessary as for AMC 1 at 103W.

Last edited:
I can receive all three channels as well, but the past couple days it has been difficult due to rain fade. The signal is already weak for me, around 50-60%. But I'm lucky to even be receiving these with my linear LNB.

I find tuning DVB-S2 is tricky since several positions of my dish, only a bump or two either way, may deliver what appears to be a peak quality reading. But usually one of those positions will actually deliver more reliable reception without picture breakup than the others. I think we need a better way to aim the dish for DVB-S2 than merely looking at our typical receiver quality reading. I wonder if there is better technology for that.

I can receive all three channels as well, but the past couple days it has been difficult due to rain fade. The signal is already weak for me, around 50-60%. But I'm lucky to even be receiving these with my linear LNB.

chop up some plastic and stick it in the linear lnb throat at the 1 o'clock position.
I used an old credit card.Any non-microwave safe plastic will do-the kind that melts in a microwave oven.

Won't this mess up the LNB for satellites using linear tp?

channels will scan in twice and it effects signal quality on those.
If the dish is big enough,no big deal.
I use a fixed dish for 118w and pop the plastic out if I aim for something else.

Won't this mess up the LNB for satellites using linear tp?

I does not seem to bother the linear reception at all. I have made that modification about three years ago with a Directv LNB and it worked on 118.7W fine.

Clock the plastic piece at an angle between 1 and 2 O'clock at the top, and the bottom will fall between 7 and 8 O'clock. I works.

I receive all 3 almost nightly on my S9 using a linear LNB set for horizontal with 1-metre motorized dish. Receive quality is strong enough for a perfectly clear high quality picture except in the worst weather. All info is on sathint for Anik F3. I had to scan the tp, edit PIDs of the $998 scanned result, then scan / edit again 2 more times to get all 3. Don't forget to edit SID or else a new scan won't get a new $998 result. You must also edit video from Mpeg2 to H264. It's all worth it. These are the best source of those networks on Ku. No special skewing of LNB necessary as for AMC 1 at 103W.

Thanks Cyberham, got the PIDS info off of Sathint, but what is this $998 scanned result you noted? Is that what these channels scan in as?

for the s10 I just add on to that channel,I leave it in the list.
Pvr800 editor with the h264 and ac3 options are a must.
Sid can be left at 0

for the s10 I just add on to that channel,I leave it in the list.
Pvr800 editor with the h264 and ac3 options are a must.
Sid can be left at 0

Guys on the AzBox Premium Plus when I try to enter a Channel into the EDIT PID, It asks for:

Channel Name: KNVX
PMT PID: 0
SID: 0
PCR: 4130
Video PID: 0
Video Type: H.264 HD
Audio PID: 0
Audio Type AC3

I entered the above and it won't let me save? It keeps asking: ERROR Please check the PID Values?? Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what PID Values are needed for these 3 Channels??
It says on SATHINT that SID is 0 for KNVX, & SID = 96 for KPNX, & SID = 89 for KSAZ, I have the PCR Values, but what PID values need to be entered for these 3 Channels to correct the Error Message? Any replies would be much appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)