Anik F3 @ 118.8W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can these channels be picked up on an AZ Box Premium Plus? I messed around with them yesterday but did't put much effort into it. I read some of the post in this thread and the more I read I more more confused I get. Bewteen this AZ Box and the technical jargon that is now used I am begining to think tat the world of of satellite TV has passed me by. If I can confrim that these channels can be reveived on this reciever I will make some real effort, if not well........

The way I set mine up was 11250 with a circular lnb. Then punch in the #s from sathint or lyngsat with the pids using manual entry. You should at least get video at that point if your receiver will access that transponder. I had to modify audio settings with an editor in order to get sound due to it being AC3 audio.

Can these channels be picked up on an AZ Box Premium Plus?If I can confrim that these channels can be reveived on this reciever I will make some real effort, if not well........

Jim,

FTA is effort in = results out.
To do this right you need a circular lnb that covers from 11.7 to 12.8, mentioned earlier in this thread. However, some of the guys are getting it to bleed thru a linear lnb. Try for 12185 L 20000 and look for $ ch. 998 to scan in. If you can see that you have a chance of getting these channels on most any receiver. L polarization = horz, but since you are using a linear try vert too and maybe adj skew a little.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I have some time this afternoon to give it my full attention.

UPDATE: Got 'em. Thanks again for your help.

With the AZ Box Premium Plus, I entered the FR, SR, H (L), DVS QPSK and FEC and recieved a weak signal of 36%. I then manually entred the PIDs, video H264. It took a few seconds to pop on, but the channels are bright and clear with good audio. Figuring out the H264 video was my only problem.

Last edited:
I picked these channels up also with my S9. Only problem is these channels lock up the receiver after viewing for 5 to 8 mnutes. Must power down to fix problem.:confused:

With the AZ Box it takes a long time to come in. It's shows a dark screen and flashes "no signal" a few times then comes in.

Has anyone else tried aiming toward 118W instead of 118.8? It may sound crazy, but I had this exact same problem and that solved it for me.

Has anyone else tried aiming toward 118W instead of 118.8? It may sound crazy, but I had this exact same problem and that solved it for me.

When I put my modified linear (to circular) LNB on, I did re-adjust the positioning of the LNB on my fixed dish to maximize the signal, and peak signals were after I had moved it towards 118. But when you consider how wide and strong the signal is from the Echostar sat, compared to Anik F3, my LNB may not have been positioned perfectly in the first place, whereas now it is peaked for Anik F3 signals.

With the AZ Box it takes a long time to come in. It's shows a dark screen and flashes "no signal" a few times then comes in.

I noticed that you say have a signal of 36 (are you using a linear or circular LNB?). I have a signal of 67 on my AZBox Ultra, and the channels pop in without any delay (well, not any more than any other channel takes to pop in!). Could be the lower signal (and in you are using a linear instead of a circular) causes the delay, but at least they do eventually come in.

A few post back I mentioned I could pick these up. But, I was having a lip sync problem. Also, after a few minutes the channels would lock up the S9. Reboot fixes but, does anyone have an idea as to what would/could fix these problems?

Ted,

I see your earlier post says you are getting a Q50. At that level you are probably getting a few corrupt data packets that can lock up most any receiver.
I read somewhere in here that some of the guy's are shoving a piece of plastic in the lnb to create a fake circular mode. A circular lnb would almost certainly improve your setup. The real thing from Hypermegasat would be even better.

Ted,

I see your earlier post says you are getting a Q50. At that level you are probably getting a few corrupt data packets that can lock up most any receiver.
I read somewhere in here that some of the guy's are shoving a piece of plastic in the lnb to create a fake circular mode. A circular lnb would almost certainly improve your setup. The real thing from Hypermegasat would be even better.
I have an edit on that post that stated I got it up to Q-67. Problem still there. Read about the plastic "fix", but this is with my 8 ft bud and the Ku on it. Don't want to mess with that. I will PM you, no, I will Email you about this problem.

Ted,

Fake circular mode? The "real thing" from Hypermegasat is... a linear LNB with a piece of plastic (dielectric plate) shoved down its throat!

I am not sure what the qph031 has down its throat for Circ. mode but I am getting a booming signal with my 3 foot Ku dish and it has 77% quality on the S9. I haven't even tried to peak the signal either. Sometimes the signal gets jerky but this seems normal with my Openbox at least.

I am not sure what the qph031 has down its throat for Circ. mode but I am getting a booming signal with my 3 foot Ku dish and it has 77% quality on the S9.
The QPH031 does not use a dielectric slab in the feedhorn throat for circular reception. The unit uses electronic phasing for circular reception.

The QPH031 does not use a dielectric slab in the feedhorn throat for circular reception. The unit uses electronic phasing for circular reception.

O cool, does that work better than the plates? I haven't had the inclination to setup my dmx242 on my six footer yet so I can get 40.5w but it seems pretty hokey to me but I don't understand how the signal is harnessed with that plate. The QPH has always had a booming signal on circular for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.