Animal Planet GO, etc, not offered for DISH?!

Kizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
I'm very disappointed that I cannot get on Amimal Planet GO because of DISH! DirectTV subscribers can, so can TWC, Cox and many others! I also can't get TLC Go, Discovery GO, Destination America GO, Sci GO and others!

What is up with that, DISH?

Reactions: MarkL@DISH
I'm very disappointed that I cannot get on Amimal Planet GO because of DISH! DirectTV subscribers can, so can TWC, Cox and many others! I also can't get TLC Go, Discovery GO, Destination America GO, Sci GO and others!

What is up with that, DISH?

Hello Kizzer. Due to agreements with channel owners, you may not have access to all channel provider websites to stream. Several will allow you to log in and stream using your DISH credentials, others may not.
If that is the case, use DishAnywhere.com or the Dish Anywhere app to check for available streaming content of your favorite channels.

I officially request Scott or any mod create a "streaming 'GO' and On Demand" sticky to settle this. Similar to the channel request thread. Or just utilize the channel request thread.

Ditto for Fox News Go, and FBN Go. Dish is the only cable/sat company that blocks Fox News Go.

Charlie is pulling the same crap on Fox News Go and Fox Business Go.

Little things like this really annoy customers and contribute to the customer churn rate. I feel no sense of loyalty to Dish because of all the games that Ergen plays.
This is why I posted what I did, and why ChadT41 did. You end up with the same posts spread over same threads. If I answered why some Go sites are not available instead of giving the link to the existing thread my post too would just be repeating what is already in the thread about this.

Reactions: HiDefRev
Ditto the non-access for AMC, which I discovered a few days ago when trying to watch The Walking Dead when I realized I was missing an episode from the dvr. Not available On Demand (only the last 5 episodes apparently) and not available on the AMC website although damn near every other tv provider in the US is.

Every one of those "Go"-type channels costs money to create and operate. I'd rather have a lower monthly payment than pay more for a "Go" channel I won't watch.

It's great that we have options to pay more or less depending on what we want.

If there doing it for other providers, I see no extra cost to add another provider!....Its only about money Im sure!

I doubt if it costs Dish a dime to allow access to the channels online. FNC runs its own ads when you go onto Fox News Go, so Charlie doesn't get to run his. It has to do with a few bucks that Dish will lose from not getting that revenue. If I am paying $105 a month I could care less about the few dimes he has to give up. FNC pays for all of the internet carriage cost, not Dish.

I doubt if it costs Dish a dime to allow access to the channels online. FNC runs its own ads when you go onto Fox News Go, so Charlie doesn't get to run his. It has to do with a few bucks that Dish will lose from not getting that revenue. If I am paying $105 a month I could care less about the few dimes he has to give up. FNC pays for all of the internet carriage cost, not Dish.
If it doesn't cost Dish anything, then what dimes would he be giving up. Also, how would adding the GO equate to any lost revenue? This statement makes no sense.

If it doesn't cost Dish anything, then what dimes would he be giving up. Also, how would adding the GO equate to any lost revenue? This statement makes no sense.
You don't seem to realize that Dish sells some of ads that appear on the FNC channel. Those ads only appear on Dish and do not appear on FNC Go. If he can force people to watch FNC on DishAnywhere, he gets more people watching the Dish ads.

I don't feel like the number of people that would switch to FG would make that large of a difference. Can you provide any proof of the amount that would be saved or loss? Viewership numbers for DA vs FOXGo? Anything other than nonsense?

Would the number that would leave Dish for no FoxNewsGo be around the number that would leave Dish for a company that has FNG?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)