Animania: The Classics - Pink Panther & Dick Tracy 7pm EST Tonight new Episodes!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I saw that Pink Panther will be debuting in HD on Animanias - The Classics. This was one of favorite cartoons.

Also,

In June, Fleischer Superman shorts, Archie, Fat Albert, etc.

Source

squicken

Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2004
barth2k said:
cool. I wonder if there's any chance they'll have the Merrie Melodies

Hopefully. This channel is incomplete when it is missing Merrie Melodies and Tom & Jerry.

Personally, I never liked the Pink Panther. I have never shared the French opinion on what is funny.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Has anyone seen these yet The Classics - Pink Panther, Archie and others in June , I have been watching for them and they have not showed them from what I have see still the same thing they have always showed on The Classics

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Sean Mota said:
I saw that Pink Panther will be debuting in HD on Animanias - The Classics. This was one of favorite cartoons.

Also,

In June, Fleischer Superman shorts, Archie, Fat Albert, etc.

Source

The fleisher superman shorts are actually pretty well done. Since this is the first I have heard that this is added, I am excited. As for the Pink Panther, they were ok when I was growing. Just remember don't say Si, say Oui! (that is a direct quote from the cartoon)

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Quick question... Will the new cartoons like the Pink Panther be listed in the PG? Or will it just say "The Classics" and you have to watch to see if it will be the Pink Panther or not?

Thanks,
-John

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
jgantert said:
Quick question... Will the new cartoons like the Pink Panther be listed in the PG? Or will it just say "The Classics" and you have to watch to see if it will be the Pink Panther or not?

Thanks,
-John

This is one of the big criticism about zap2it. They do not show enough description many times in the PG. I like to see a better description on this as well. Right now, it is not showing what's showing on Classics.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I watched the classics 2 different times yesterday and never seen the pink panther or any other cartoons on there other than what they have always shown` nothing new

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
LOBO2999 said:
I watched the classics 2 different times yesterday and never seen the pink panther or any other cartoons on there other than what they have always shown` nothing new

I think you will the new classics this month. I do not know the exact date but I will try to find out.

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I hope Voom changes the guide to show what is actually on, I don't like having to tune in to see what's showing.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Thanks Sean and I agree ( I hope Voom changes the guide to show what is actually on, I don't like having to tune in to see what's showing.)

davideo

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2004
"Da Bada-Bing State" + Oahu
Our ancient 16mm home theater specialized in classic cartoons, so, naturally we think the Animania classics show is GREAT.

Did anyone notice they had a clip from the old Dick Tracy cartoon show? I caught that a few years ago, thought it was really hilarious. Mumbles rules! :)

Many of the very old Columbia cartoons are wonderful too, especially the colors on our digital projector just look mesmerizing. Interesting that you can hear Mel Blank doing character voicing there sometimes...you'd think Warner would have owned him lock, stock and barrel.

Did anyone know that all the voices for the Felix show were the same guy (Jack Mercer) that did Popeye? He gave the Master Cylinder the voice of Lionel Barrymore. :D

-Dave

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Pink Panther and Dick Tracy this month. Archie is not on this month.

Source

The Pink Panther

Da-dunt da-dunt, da-dunt, da-dunt-da-dunt-da...you know what that means! Animania HD celebrates the Pink Panther's 40th anniversary with HD versions of the original 1964 theatrical shorts. The Pink Panther is joined by his friends The Inspector, The Ant and the Aardvark and Crazy Legs Crane. Who can forget their antics, not to mention Henry Mancini's super-cool theme song?

Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy comes to life in HD detail when Animania HD premieres this 1961 animated series. Join Dick and his crime-fighting cohorts, Hemlock Holmes and The Retouchable Squad, as they battle bad guys like Sketch Paree and the Mole, Flattop and B. B. Eyes, Stooge Villa and Mumbles, The Brow, Noodles, Pruneface and Itchy. That's a lot of bad guys!

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
Sean Mota said:
Pink Panther and Dick Tracy this month. Archie is not on this month.

Source

The Pink Panther

Da-dunt da-dunt, da-dunt, da-dunt-da-dunt-da...you know what that means! Animania HD celebrates the Pink Panther's 40th anniversary with HD versions of the original 1964 theatrical shorts. The Pink Panther is joined by his friends The Inspector, The Ant and the Aardvark and Crazy Legs Crane. Who can forget their antics, not to mention Henry Mancini's super-cool theme song?

Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy comes to life in HD detail when Animania HD premieres this 1961 animated series. Join Dick and his crime-fighting cohorts, Hemlock Holmes and The Retouchable Squad, as they battle bad guys like Sketch Paree and the Mole, Flattop and B. B. Eyes, Stooge Villa and Mumbles, The Brow, Noodles, Pruneface and Itchy. That's a lot of bad guys!
When does this start Sean-it is June 10 already-eager for new "classics"

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
eschu97611 said:
When does this start Sean-it is June 10 already-eager for new "classics"

They keep advertising them on Animania. I just finished watching the classics but did not see it. The PG is no help either. I do not know. I've been trying to find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)