Annoyed with wating for new HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
most people don't care about pq? what ? man please :rolleyes:. and cable does not have a lot more channels.

To be quite honest, I think E* and D* are leaders right now. They have the best equipment and PQ they anyone else. With the most HD channels BY FAR.

It would take a hell of a time to create the list, but I do know there are.

There was a CNET link on the main page a few weeks ago comparing the channels of all major providers. That would give an accurate count of HD nationals available. I'm too lazy to search for the link right now but it was in a thread on this site.

Are you kidding me? Most people would do some research First and not base their TV spending on a Satellite company.

No, are you kidding me? People buying hd equipment would want the best way to test it. And testing hd stuff is always best on hd leaders.

Are you trying to tell me that by picking the national hd leader for my 1080p tv is NOT researching it? What am I supposed to research then?

Thats good , How many citys now can get 90 HD channels with Fios? D* well lets see 18 million customers its available to.

Well, I am glad you are 100% happy with DirecTV. I really am.

But I am starting to get irritated. Is it too much to ask to give me Fox News HD before election day?

Is it too much to give me 13 HBO/MAX channels, as promised in a June 2007 press release?

Come on.

As someone who has had Comcast, who had at the time every premium channel, to me it was a waste. It was the same movies all the time. That was fine before DVR's were deployed, but now it is not that important. If a movie comes on at a time you can't watch it, you can DVR it now and watch it when you want. As far as the HDPPV, I agree that they could be better served on VOD, but the fact is not nearly enough people have their boxes networked. Not to mention the fact that alot of people only have the regular HD box and not a HDDVR. Until D* offers free upgrades to those, most won't switch. Give it time and maybe one day things will be to a point where they can do these things, but until then understand that D* is only trying to maximize their revenue until they can add more HD. I wish they could hurry things up too by the way. They are in danger of losing their momentum if they don't.

No, are you kidding me? People buying hd equipment would want the best way to test it. And testing hd stuff is always best on hd leaders.
Then you should have bought a Blu Ray, If thats your defence, I'm sorry , But I don't think most people feel that way. You have choice on what provider you want.

Then you should have bought a Blu Ray, If thats your defence, I'm sorry , But I don't think most people feel that way. You have choice on what provider you want.

I like selection, not 1 or two movies. I like scientific shows like Discovery channels. I like to watch new movies. I like new things. I shouldn't have to buy bluray (Which btw, I have bluray thank you) to get hd when Directv SERVES HD. If you wanna kiss Directv's ass, please make a valid argument first.

I also have hd-dvd if you wanna tell me I need to start buying up all the hd discs and not use Directv because they have HD.

And yes, I do admit bluray looks better. But while it looks better, I personally like watching new stuff instead of buying it in stores.

E* hasn't added squat since August 1st. Maybe a few HD locals , But D* is working ,and its noticeable E* isn't doing nothing but losing money, and thats noticable. BUT E* has a great HD line up, But if company problems persist, They Next June when I get my 3 HD DVR's from D*, Thats where I'll be again, Most likly for good. $100 is all it will cost to Drop E* by next June , So I hope D* takes their time And Impoves their DVRs and add some more programming. Right now My Parents are watching Free D* service for the next year at my expence. Just So I can keep my foot in the door. I think It will be well worth it.

i don't think anyone has disrespected you yet so calm down. your argument is the one that's going no where.

Nice judgement there. Although I doubt that anyone buying a new HDtv woould agree with you and instead agree with me.

If you wanna live in a fairy tale to kiss a companies ass, then do so, it's your choice. But if Directv sits on their ass and lets people take over the market lead, they won't be the one people go to for hd.

It's not hard to figure out. Maybe if your a fanboy, I dunno.

I like selection, not 1 or two movies. I like scientific shows like Discovery channels. I like to watch new movies. I like new things. I shouldn't have to buy bluray (Which btw, I have bluray thank you) to get hd when Directv SERVES HD. If you wanna kiss Directv's ass, please make a valid argument first.

I also have hd-dvd if you wanna tell me I need to start buying up all the hd discs and not use Directv because they have HD.

And yes, I do admit bluray looks better. But while it looks better, I personally like watching new stuff instead of buying it in stores.
It has nothing to do with Kiss anyones A#$ , It has to do with people claiming they bought HD TV's because D* Claims to have 150 HD channels. Sorry thats Dumb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Do D* installers have soffit mounts? Help

Center Ice Price... gee thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)