Annoyed with wating for new HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It has nothing to do with Kiss anyones A#$ , It has to do with people claiming they bought HD TV's because D* Claims to have 150 HD channels. Sorry thats Dumb.

Herm, this makes more sense then. At the time of super bowl sunday, they did have the most channels. I bought into D* because they did.

I did look at the actual channel listings, and D* had far more then E*.

Next time make yourself more clear as to what you mean, I thought you were saying.... well, anything. I didn't pick D* because they had a number. I picked because they had the lead.

And it wasn't just that I picked based on that. I had watched D* for many months. I saw them add so many channels. I had it installed on Super Bowl Sunday because I made my decision that D* had the most and would keep adding.

Now, I dunno.

And they have more Now, then they did last superbowl. So what exactly is your argument?

The argument is simple. People buy based on amount of HD, like it or not. Sitting and doing nothing may work for a complacent market like dsl, but in a booming field like hd it won't last long.

At the very least I can say this about Directv. It'll take a while to move from the top 4 positions, which will for quite awhile be D*, E*, Fios, and Comcast.

My cable internet company Charter adds maybe 1 hd channel a year.

Really though, they lose cable tv customers every month.

Define sitting doing nothing. , How many Satellites did you launch this year?
And when you signed up for D* you saw what they offered in HD . And you SIGNED up. Well since then they have added more locals and National networks , including switching Mpeg2 - Mpeg 4,Directv On Demand. They have not been sitting on their butts as you would claim. You knew what you were getting ,and you got it. Bottom line.

They launched a satellite. How many channels on D11 was national hd and ppv versus the d10 number of national hd and ppv? All of this ass kissin' won't get past that.

Adding 30+ ppv channels IS sitting on your ass. Adding ppv channels is alot easier then negociating for new channels.

The only HD channel that's worth adding right now is FOX NEWS HD. All the other ones are not worthed yet. Travel HD is a joke. I would like to have it bu it is not that important. So stop all the crying about D*. I bet most of the watchers are not even watching all the HD channels that are available right now.

All of this ass kissin' won't get past that..
Listen , I see your fairly new, so I'll just tone it down a bit. I went with the company that suits my needs. Bottom line again. If your that Unhappy, Switch, I've done it 3 times already. But you can't blaim a satellite company because you spent 1000's on an HD TV ,and YOU pick a provider that doesn't suit your need. Thats 100% your own fault, No one elses.

Hey all you die hard D* fans , Don't say I don't have any love for you. You guys should be debating this .:cool:;)

I know. I just got out of a meeting and caught up on this thread since I last looked at it earlier this morning. I've found it amusing since you've been very critical of D* in the recent past but yet you're being accused of being a fanboy and kissing D*' butt.

I've been sitting here doing this:

popcorn.gif

I know. I just got out of a meeting and caught up on this thread since I last looked at it earlier this morning. I've found it amusing since you've been very critical of D* in the recent past but yet you're being accused of being a fanboy and kissing D*' butt.

popcorn.gif

Well congrats. Enjoy your hd experience. It's the first new one in months.

popcorn.gif
Yea tell me about it. Sorry But I hate the "I Paid 1000's" for an HD tv BIT

" Annoyed with waiting for new HD threads"

Hey all you die hard D* fans , Don't say I don't have any love for you. You guys should be debating this .

Debating with yet another whining complainer is pointless ;)

It is one thing to complain about quality of service, it is another to act like D* has 5 HD channels. Make the switch or move along.

Herm. I dunno if I'm talking to kids or fan(boys). Or both.

I enjoy directv right now, I really do. But complacency is something I notice. If any of you have done anything that is anything remotely tied to manangement or leadership, complacency kills businesses.

And then loss of money leads down a slippery slope of not offering as much as before, maximizing profits, etc.

You can enjoy your D* all you want. But if you have any clue of the job field, complacency in a booming market is bad.

Debating with yet another whining complainer is pointless ;)

It is one thing to complain about quality of service, it is another to act like D* has 5 HD channels. Make the switch or move along.

I suppose if I was a fanboy who worshipped a company no matter what decision they made you'd like me better?

Sorry if the truth hurts.

The argument is simple. People buy based on amount of HD, like it or not. Sitting and doing nothing may work for a complacent market like dsl, but in a booming field like hd it won't last long.

Like i told you before your argument is going no where.This is your personal opinion. Don't try to shove down peoples throat. We heard you the first time. The reality is that no one has more HD than D and E. It's not about kissing a** it's what the numbers show. Every quarter D keeps adding new subs most being HD right now. The market is doing very well despite the condition the economy is in. D hasn't been sitting down on their a** as you say. If they haven't launched certain channels that you want well that's too bad. Go somewhere else and see if you'll do better. I'm not thrilled that they haven't launched more with this new sat but who else is doing better nationally?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Do D* installers have soffit mounts? Help

Center Ice Price... gee thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)