Annoyed with wating for new HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Holy post whoring batman!

I think D* is doing just fine and wouldnt go back to E* if they paid me. FIOS aint on the radar for me, so they can take a long walk on a short pier.

Maybe not in your market, but in my market both cable (Bright House Networks) and FIOS are making their moves.

And competition is a good thing.

But these moves don't include MLB Extra Innings HD or other sports offerings that are the most important factor for me (and I could live without Sunday Ticket).

There's stuff out there that I wish DirecTV had in HD right now, sure. But they are easily the best fit for me. If they weren't, I'd switch.

Why are they going to add anything right now? Most competitiors don't even have what D* offers already and honestly there really isn't that much they could add that is actually broadcasting anything so why on earth are they going to increase their costs by adding stations right away?

Why are they going to add anything right now? Most competitiors don't even have what D* offers already and honestly there really isn't that much they could add that is actually broadcasting anything so why on earth are they going to increase their costs by adding stations right away?

This question has been answered here many times already. there are still more channels out there with hd content on them. My favorite one that we still don't have is Travel channel. I'm sick of waiting for this channel. E has it why can't D get this going?

You are wrong on all accounts.

-Cable providers and FIOS are adding channels left and right. FIOS' lineup blows DirecTV away.

-There are plenty of channels broadcasting HD material that could be added

-adding to cost? adding the HBO channels is going to add subscribers to the premium service, thus making money for both DirecTV AND TW.

Theory I thought of today-

I am starting to wonder if the reason we aren't seeing any new HBO/MAX channels is because DirecTV and TW cannot work out a deal on the On Demand. Just about EVERY channel is available On Demand in the 1000's now on DirecTV. Mysteriously, HBO and Cinemax On Demand are missing. Cable has had HBO and Cinemax On Demand for years. I'll bet there is some type of dispute over the On Demand and it goes along with adding the HD channels.

Come on DirecTV and TW, let's work out a deal and add the HD channels, and the On Demand.

I came up with this today while looking at the new Access magazine. They have a nice big ad highlighting the Showtime HD channels recently added, along with the On Demand. Just makes me wonder. Maybe TW is playing hardball, but if that is the case, why haven't we seen other non-TW adds? Just another thought.

Not in Northeast PA thats for sure.

this is what fios has right now in hd in an area not near you an I

HD Nat iona l
825 TNT HD
826 ESPN HD
827 ESPN 2 HD
828 NFL Network HD
833 HD Net
834 HD Net Movies
835 Universal HD
836 HD Theatre
837 Wealth TV HD
838 National Geographic Channel HD
839 MTV HD
840 Food Network HD
841 HGTV HD
842 A&E HD
845 Lifetime Movie Network HD
846 Discovery HD
HD PREMIUM
851 HBO HD
852 Cinemax HD
853 Showtime HD
854 TMC HD
855 Starz HD

this is what fios has right now in hd in an area not near you an I

HD Nat iona l
825 TNT HD
826 ESPN HD
827 ESPN 2 HD
828 NFL Network HD
833 HD Net
834 HD Net Movies
835 Universal HD
836 HD Theatre
837 Wealth TV HD
838 National Geographic Channel HD
839 MTV HD
840 Food Network HD
841 HGTV HD
842 A&E HD
845 Lifetime Movie Network HD
846 Discovery HD
HD PREMIUM
851 HBO HD
852 Cinemax HD
853 Showtime HD
854 TMC HD
855 Starz HD

Until Tuesday of next week in my area and many others.

Here is a list of available Fios locations.
Anne Arundel/Howard County MD
Baltimore
Buffalo
Central Delaware
Central New Jersey
Florida Gulf Coast
Fort Wayne IN
Hampton Roads VA
Massachusetts
Mercer Co NJ
New York
North Texas
Northern Delaware
Northern New Jersey
Pittsburgh
Portland Metro OR
Providence FL
Rhode Island
Richmond VA
Seattle
Southeastern PA
Southern California
Southern Delaware
Southern New Jersey
Washington Metro

Central Delaware effective 10/9
Central New Jersey effective 10/8
Florida Gulf Coast effective 10/7
North Texas effective 10/6
Southern California effective 10/15

Attention Florida and Texas Customers: TBS in High Definition (HD) has been added to your lineup. Please tune to channel 849 just in time for BASEBALL PLAYOFFS! Note: Channel 849 is only a temporary location for TBS in HD. You will be notified within your on-screen guide when TBS HD is moved to its permanent channel location.
http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetai...8-80CD-4A84-B31F-8881148E5623/0/RI_PF_Oct.pdf

You are wrong on all accounts.

-Cable providers and FIOS are adding channels left and right. FIOS' lineup blows DirecTV away.

-There are plenty of channels broadcasting HD material that could be added

-adding to cost? adding the HBO channels is going to add subscribers to the premium service, thus making money for both DirecTV AND TW.
Only is a few selected markets. I can say that here in the LA market this is not even close to being the case.

why would you want fios skottey when they clearly have less HD at the moment?

Don't make me cut and paste the 10/7 PDF again. Scroll back through this lengthy thread and look at the PDF link I posted. In 5 days my area will have way more HD on FIOS than DirecTV offers me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)