Annoying Faint Dish Logo

Telstar_2112

Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
I need to use the pass-through Antenna/Cable coax input to TV1 to bring my DVD signal upstairs using the same coax wire as using for TV1. (It had been TV2 but that does not pass-through the cable/antenna coax input.) I use my DVR625 in single mode anyway. This way I can watch the DVR upstairs and when I turn it off I can watch the pass through signal, in my case the DVD without running more coax.

This works...but there is an annoying faint transluscent Dish logo that runs from left to right across the picture continuously while I am trying to watch the DVD. At first you barely see it but once you do it is terrible.

Has anyone else seen this or know a solution.

TIA,
Telstar_2112

I need to use the pass-through Antenna/Cable coax input to TV1 to bring my DVD signal upstairs using the same coax wire as using for TV1. (It had been TV2 but that does not pass-through the cable/antenna coax input.) I use my DVR625 in single mode anyway. This way I can watch the DVR upstairs and when I turn it off I can watch the pass through signal, in my case the DVD without running more coax.

This works...but there is an annoying faint transluscent Dish logo that runs from left to right across the picture continuously while I am trying to watch the DVD. At first you barely see it but once you do it is terrible.

Has anyone else seen this or know a solution.

TIA,
Telstar_2112

Use a splitter and an A/B switch.

DVD out to the common on the splitter.

Splitter out to 625 in. and to A/B switch A

625 out to A/B switch B

Common of A/B switch to coax going upstairs.

This will also allow using the 625 downstairs while sending the DVD upstairs.

Thanks for the response but I don't think that is really what I'm looking for even though I'm sure it would work.

I have no problem watching the downstairs TV because for that one I just used the TV1 composite RCA jacks and I never need to watch the DVD upstairs while 625 is turned on or vice versa. (no kids).

With your installation if I was upstairs and I wanted to switch from the 625 to the DVD or back I would have to go down and flip the switch. Currently I can just turn the 625 off and then the DVD comes through. (with clear annoying logo).

The setup I have is pretty sinple except for that stupid logo they decided to put in there for some unknown reason except subliminal advertising. Note this is not the same as the usual floating logo but a different one so I know it not ghosted image from a crossed connection or something like that. It seems to be an intentional Dish network thing.

Any other ideas?

Can you use a splitter as a joiner and just put both signals (dvd and 625) into it at the same time. And as long as one unit was off the signal would be clear? I doubt this but figured I would ask.

TIA
Xmurray.

Can you use a splitter as a joiner and just put both signals (dvd and 625) into it at the same time. And as long as one unit was off the signal would be clear? I doubt this but figured I would ask.

TIA
Xmurray.

That should work. As you stated, just as long as you keep one unit off since the modulated signal would be the same frequency.

That modulator seems like it may be the ticket since Dish has decided it is OK to superimpose their Logo on what is supposed to be a pass-through. Can you please let me know the make and model of the modulator unit you use. I did a quick search but wasn't sure exactly what I needed.

Thanks,
Telstar_2112.

That modulator seems like it may be the ticket since Dish has decided it is OK to superimpose their Logo on what is supposed to be a pass-through. Can you please let me know the make and model of the modulator unit you use. I did a quick search but wasn't sure exactly what I needed.

Thanks,
Telstar_2112.

I use the MM73 by netmedia. http://www.netmedia.com/pr_modulators.html
It has three audio/video inputs. Its not stereo but for me its fine. I have Dish on 60, DVD on 41 and another satellite source on 45. This particular one provides enough signal output to go through a combiner and a then a splitter.

Interactive commercial

Need advice on over the Air antenna with 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts