Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
When I added my DVR 942 to my account, I noticed that Dish canceled the remaining three months of my annual AT120 and added it back on, but at the full price for three months. I've been trying to figure out why my monthly bill went from ~$9/mo. to ~$29 (DVR fee $5, HD Package w/Voom, $15, the rest is the same, hence, $20 more a month) and that's when I saw the AT120 drop and add.

So, I go to Dish's site and check the prices for AT120, and there is no longer a price for the annual subscription :no , AND it looks like AT60 and AT180 are likewise available only on a monthly basis now. Big, Giant WAH! I suppose on one hand it makes life easier for the CSRs, but I liked getting the 12th month for free. Now, Dish is just like DirecTV and doesn't reward long-term subscribers.

And, I didn't see one word of this on this board, or the other boards. :shocked I had to find it out for myself.

It was probably a mistake. call in and ask why it was dropped and added. There is still annual packages.

I think it may have had to do with the Voom Package, assuming you just added it? I remember reading that quite a few folks were paying an annual rate for the regular HD package, but they had to switch to monthly to get the Voom channels. Perhaps that has something to do with yours as well.

(Sorry, everyone; I started a thread, and then I go on vacation to a place with slow dial-up ISP (21K-40K) so I didn't check up on it.

DWS44, I knew about the HD+Voom being available only on a month-by-month basis, but this was my AT120. Now that I'm on a better Internet connection, I'm going to try the CSR roulette and see if I can renew my annual AT120.

Edit: It turns out that the CSR I talked to in April to add my 942 had (wrongly) removed my AT120 and when they restored it, it went in with the new 2005 price rate. Tonight's CSR was able to credit our account. He also verified that even though the annual price isn't listed on the web site, it is still available upon request.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts