Annual Subscription not available for new subscribers?

smithduluth

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Duluth, MN
I was told by a CSR (while complaining about the $58+ increase in my bill) that they no long sell annual subscriptions. Is that true? I own my own receiver and dishes and am on the annual HD200 tier w/o locals.

I was told by a CSR (while complaining about the $58+ increase in my bill) that they no long sell annual subscriptions. Is that true? I own my own receiver and dishes and am on the annual HD200 tier w/o locals.

Yes, this is true. Annual subscriptions were grandfathered around November of 2010

That is 1 I won't ever understand, someone willing to a pay a whole year in advance & say no we don't do that anymore.....:confused:

I think they figure if they hike the price during the year, Charlie misses out on the extra $$. Poor bastard probably wouldn't have enough for a cup of coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you have an annual subscription you can keep it. They just do not allow new/existing subs to switch to annual. I just renewed my annual subscription, so they are definitely allowing them to continue under grandfathered status for now.