Anonymous vs. The World

lucavex

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 19, 2010
Midwest
That's whole idea of Anonymous, everyone has the potential to be anonymous, anyone CAN be anonymous. I love the concept, actually. In it's basest form, it's a real-world example of the "Stand Alone Complex" the idea that several people can act as one unified force without any clear direction or leadership.

There is most likely at least a few people in the federal government actively engaged in trying to sniff out members of Anonymous. They're looking for the head, I believe. If I recall correctly, CNN had a blurb about the FBI looking for the head after the Credit Card companies got attacked for the Wikileaks thing. They still can't believe this group can orchestrate coordinated, massive and sophisticated attacks without a clear hierarchy of leadership.

If they DO identify and capture the "leader" of Anonymous, and they prove this person has been orchestrating everything from the shadows from the very beginning, I will eat my boots.

I wish them luck in their hunt. Maybe they'll run across a few snipes too.

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
Just to show they are real ;).

Attachments

• snipe.jpg
    snipe.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 124

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 16, 2007
This might not be the end of it...
Dems push for Congressional investigation of HBGary Federal

Interesting, justice is ready to put WikiLeaks and Anonymous behind bars (if not ship to Gitmo),
but the fact remains we have learned more about the shoddiness of politics and security business
in the last few weeks (Cablegate, HBGary) than in years before that (not that we believed everything we were told).

Diogen.

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 16, 2007
More details about Kayla, the 16-year old impersonator.
Is This The Girl That Hacked HBGary? - Parmy Olson - Disruptors - Forbes
Talk about security practices
With just half a dozen close friends online, she has a strict regimen to remain invisible on the web. Each night she wipes every one of her web accounts and deletes every email in her inbox. She has no physical hard drive and boots her computer from a microSD card. “I could hide this card anywhere or chew into a million pieces in a few seconds,” she says by e-mail. She keeps her operating system on a USB stick and uses a virtual machine (VM) to carry out her online shenanigans.

She's allegedly the one that social engineered HBGary mail admin in best Mitnick traditions.
This - getting all of HBGary e-mails - was the most damaging element of the whole affair...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts