Another 811 bites the dust

mtman6698

Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
I finally got the time, etc, to get my 1000 dish up and running. Connected it to my DP811. Since it had been connected too an old 300 dish, I figured I would have to start from scratch. I cleared the matrix, set it to factory defaults and unplugged it. Made me a glass of iced tea and came back.
Connected the cable(RG-6 was already installed), plugged it in and went to install. Spent the next hour finely aiming it on 119. Got it up to 107-111. Went to switches and did that. Went through that cycle and came out with 119-odd, 110-odd, and 129-all. Hummm. Went to sys info... red x's on 119, 110 and green on 129. No sat!!! Went back... did it all again. Then went to bedroom turned on TV fired up the 311, did an aim check... 109, did a switches check 119-all, 110-all, 129-all. Sys ck, all green.Hummm. Waited a good long 2 minutes and whala, up and running!! Went back to the 811. Ain't happenin' . Lonnnngggg story short, finally went to the RV, got the other 311, fired it up in place of the 811 and whala, TV!!
So guess the 811 don't like the new lnb's or???? Guess I'll be looking at a Vip whatever. The more I read here, the more I think all of these new receivers have problems, it's just what you want to deal with. I don't need a recorder; just asking for more problems. Do want HD as my TV is HD and will eventually get those channels when I can afford the expense(about $30 a month, I think). So, 211 or something similar I guess. See what eBay or others have to offer. Unless any of you guys have a better idea... Thanks for listening :)

Sorry to hear. Yes get a 211 to replace.