another blind scan question pansat 2700a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shabuta

Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Alright guys iam having a little trouble with something and i dont really understand it.Ive been blind scanning alot of sats and its seems to not be picking up all the fta channels on certain sats ,i know im on the sat because of the channels it is getting have good qaulity and are matching up with what lying sat says it has on each sat but just seems alot of them are missing.Do i need to go and edit the tp's for each st and add in the new tp's to match what lying sat has or should my blind scan be picking these up.I remember reading somewhere that someone went and added all the tp's acording to what lying sat had and did a blind scan and picked up alot more.I have read others saying there blind scans are sorta quick and other says they are slow.My scans take around 10-20 min.Anyways any help you guys might have on this would be appreciated.

Your scan time seems about normal. One thing i have noticed with this unit is that if you are getting a marginal signal off of a transponder the blind scan can miss channels.

Yep, if you know there is a channel on a particular tp. that your scan overlooked, then try to do an advance scan or enter the tp. info and do a tp. scan. Plus some of the signals are a challenge to pick up if you are using a 76cm.

I have the Pansat 2700, and on G-10R, it was totally missing the transponder with the Virgin Islands CBS and the P.R. ABC and WB. The transponder wasn't even programmed. I scanned a couple of times and, after not finding it, I checked my TP list.

Needless to say, I then double checked all TP's and edited my entire list. For the sake of being thorough, I'll probably do this for every satellite I scan, even though it will take plenty of time.

yeh i guess im going to start over, and delete my channel list ,and enter all my transponder info off of what lyingsat has and go with that.Thanks for all the info.Its weird i did enter a few manually and then my blind scans picked them up.Seeems like the blind scan really isnt as good as they say it is.

shabuta said:
yeh i guess im going to start over, and delete my channel list ,and enter all my transponder info off of what lyingsat has and go with that.Thanks for all the info.Its weird i did enter a few manually and then my blind scans picked them up.Seeems like the blind scan really isnt as good as they say it is.

When you blind scan a satellite, your TP frequency may not match what Lyngsat has. This is because the LO frequency of your LNB is slightly off from "spec". If I were you, I'd stick to blind scanning, then check my list with Lyngsat. If it misses a TP, then manually add that one and adjust it to match your LNB's frequency offset.

For example, you blind scan G10R, and get 11718V instead of Lyngsat's 11720V. No problem, but you have missed 11986V in the scan. Just manually add it, but put it in 2Mhz down from Lyngsat's listing. You would want to enter 11984V instead of 11986V.

You LNB could be 2MHz higher; that really doesn't matter.

A quick test and I get 71% on 11986 and 79% on 11984.

The LO frequency will probably shift some from summer to winter too.

shabuta said:

Iceberg recently had a thread about this issue but for different reasons. He ended up getting a program called gtools (there is another one called channel master). Anyway, you can upload your current channel list to the software on your computer and then use your computer to type in the information on the new transponders (just the frequency and sr should be enough) for each satellite.
Then download the newly saved list to your receiver. Do your scan for each satellite and you should be up and running. It will save a lot of time from having to do it with the remote. This is also a good way to backup your channel info for your receiver.

im gonna make an updated list with the info from lying sat and make the list available to others who want something easy to stick in their boxes.Im shure alot of others would be happy to have a premade sat list thats alot cleaner and has what you need.Hopefully my boss will be nice and give me time to work on a list this week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)