Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A few days ago I was talking about turning my 1.2 meter dish into a Microbud project when I got some money to buy one of the new C/KU LNB's.

Well the good folks from SatelliteAV sent me an email letting me know that a new C/KU band LNB was on its way to me. (Thanks guys!)

It arrived today and this model is different than the BSC621-2 which we have seen reviewed here. This one is a GKC-D001

I looks a lot like the BSC621-2 however there is not built in switch like the BSC has, instead it is packed with a 4 way diesqc switch.

The Specs on it are listed on a sticker which are as follows:

GKC-D001
C-Band & KU Band LNBF

C-Band
I/P Freq: 3.4 - 4.2GHz
O/P Freq: 950-1750MHz
LO Freq: 5.15GHz
N.F. 17 Degree K Gain: 65dB

KU-Badn (Thats the way Band is spelled on the sticker)
I/P Freq: 11.7 - 12.7 GHz
O/P Freq: 950 - 1950MHz
L.O. Freq: 10.75GHz
N.F. 0.7db (Typ.) Gain: 58dB

It also came with a scaller ring (for prime focus dish use)
a bag of screws
a 2 inch by 1 inch piece of Plexi Glass? Which has a piece of Electrical tape stuck to the top of it.

And no instructions.

There are no markings on the LNB to help with Skew, so this will indeed be a true microbud experiment. :D

I do hope to get to it this weekend (depending on the heat) :)

Any advice you may have would be appreciated. :D

no pictures??

I think the plexi glass is a dialetic (sp?) plate for circular C-Band satellites that are over the Atlantic

oh, also the BSC 621 has a built in switch but you don't need it. You can hook a switch to the outside of it :)

OK here are the photos.

I am not sure if the cover on the scaler ring is supposed to be taken off when in use or left on. :)

Attachments

• lnb1.jpg
    lnb1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 420
  • lnb2.jpg
    lnb2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 418
  • lnb3.jpg
    lnb3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 468
  • lnb4.jpg
    lnb4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 412
  • lnb5.jpg
    lnb5.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 494
  • lnb6.jpg
    lnb6.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
In case I missed it, can this be used for offset or primefocus and what would the smallest dish size be for this?

According to the SatelliteAV website...
http://www.satelliteav.com/products/LNBs/Combined_C__KU-Band_LNBF.htm
Geosatpro has produced in cooperation with one of the World's leading LNB manufacturer an LNBF that simultaneously receives both C-band and Ku-band linear signals. Expand your viewing options with the ability to view programming from C-band and Ku-band satellites on one dish! Hundreds of additional digital signals are available on these two bands. Hobbyist report success with smaller 1.2M dishes, but we recommend a 2.4M minimum dish size.

Includes standard scaler for 3 or 4 point prime focus mounting

Hi Scott
The scalar ring in your photo looks alot like the one Pete showed me a picture of a couple of threads back about the BSC621-2 that a member made.
I noticed the KU noise figure was .7 to the .3 of the BSC621, anyway I'm interested in seeing how it works out as I was also thinking about the micorbud experiment.

Dave

This is my first time using a scaler ring. At the moment I have it screwed in so that the top of the LNB comes even with the first ridge of the scaler ring (as shown in the photos above)

Is that the correct placement?

Also can I leave the cover on the scaler ring and LNB or it is better to take it off?

Scott
You may have to mess with pushing the LNMB in and out from the rings. 1st ring on my LNB is 42 and I have it pushed in to 38 for optimum signal

oh. The ASC421 LNB I have has numbers on the LNB with the lines. All I'm saying is you might have to move the LNB in and out for optimum signal

haha very funny

You have to adjust the LNB closer or farther away for optimum signal...there, better? :D

Guys,

Can you please tell me what the differences, or the advantages are, between this new C/Ku versus already using a CorotorII with 15d C / .5db Ku high stability LNBs ?

Correct me if I am wrong but a Corotor does not do Disecq. And also a FTA box can not switch polaraties in the Corotor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts