Another C/KU Band LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've read through most of the posts regarding the BSC621-2 feedhorn and haven't gotten a clear picture of how well it plays.
I've got a 7' BUD with a Astrotel corotor that 's shot and have been considering the BSC621-2 as a replacement since I only use it with a Fortec Lifetime Classic NA receiver.
My other option is to buy a new Chaparral corotor.
Advice, opinions etc are welcome.

N0QBH said:
I've read through most of the posts regarding the BSC621-2 feedhorn and haven't gotten a clear picture of how well it plays.
I've got a 7' BUD with a Astrotel corotor that 's shot and have been considering the BSC621-2 as a replacement since I only use it with a Fortec Lifetime Classic NA receiver.
My other option is to buy a new Chaparral corotor.
Advice, opinions etc are welcome.

Not sure about the Fortec Classic but this LNB works well both C/KU band with a Mercury. I set one up a couple weeks ago on an old 7.5 ft bud with small mesh. Alignment to the exact center of the dish was critical and focal distance must be exact as measured and calculated for your dish. For some reason this lnb is very sensitive to both! Before getting the dish to fine tune as it should I had to calculate the focal distance rather than use the sami distance given at their website and it was only one eigth inch difference. Then I was still having prblems with weaker lnb's on g10. So I got a local machinist to make an adaptor that let me use my rifle laser bore sighting tool to center a scaler ring. Found myself about four inches off using the traditional measure from the side routine and corrected this. Wah! Lah! Everything then worked well getting all C and KU from 58w to 131w. All signals and quality strengths run from 65% to 85% on all transponders with channels on them.

I am not using the built in switch as it gave me problems also! Instead I am switching between bands with a 22khz switch. This switch is about 100ft. from the receiver and then about 10ft. on to the lnb with no problems. The Mercury II receiver uses a voltage regulator where most receivers use a transistor for LNB power output. This gives me more current to handle polarizing lnbf's and switching at the end of my coax runs.

Techman

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your results with the BSC621-2 LNBF

And WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :)

Hi,

I have also tried the 621 here in the UK on my 1.2 dish, C band is great but KU very dissapointing, only the stong sats would work even then some were pixallating. A shame I really liked the idea of this LNB I think you need a big dish to get to work properly on KU.

Chris..Stoke-on-Trent UK

enthused said:
Scott;
Did you get the GeoSatPro GSL1C/Ku LNBF to work? I haven't had any luck with it.
I could get C Band or KU band but not both at the same time. They need to make a holder which can hold this LNB and a standard size KU LNB. :)

That may sound like the best solution as each lnb can be fine tuned without affecting the other. Only prob is that I don't think that you can get a holder that can have both KU and C lnbs at the same orbital location. most likely one would have to be offset >2 degs.
If this would be the best setup, then it will just come down to making a holder and finding the best deg spacing, meaning if I am locked at a sat for C band, I'd want my KU lnb to be able to lock on to an adjacent sat location if possible.
when you get out the sats on Lynsat, 2 deg works well from 83 to 103.

no my dish only has lnbf for cband now would adding a lnb for ku kinda like pete is trying work . i would thing if trying to add ku to a feedhorn the ku would need to be centered and the cband offset. ( this is for tinkering only ) i know the best setup is stacked.

Pete have you finished your adaptor/ add on for ku feedhorn??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)