another channel master polar mount attempt

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wanted to archive your pictures, since I might use one of them in the future to help someone else.
So, I read through the thread again, front to back.
Nice camera work, as well as with the welder. - :up

Now that you've put a 1.0m Channel Master on a Polar mount, how do you like it in comparison to an H-H motor?
Believe you said you're refurbishing a 380 motor with the screw mod.
Would hope you'd add those thoughts, since you've got both.

Is that a 36" dish you put at the base of the pole?
Any problems with snow bothering it?
Wonder if it's fixed or also motorized?

Looks like a 1.2m dish to the far left in your wide-screen picture.
That fixed or motorized?

All in all, that's one heck of a fine back yard! - :up
Keep up the good work - it's very encouraging.

I wanted to archive your pictures, since I might use one of them in the future to help someone else.
So, I read through the thread again, front to back.
Nice camera work, as well as with the welder. - :up

Now that you've put a 1.0m Channel Master on a Polar mount, how do you like it in comparison to an H-H motor?
Believe you said you're refurbishing a 380 motor with the screw mod.
Would hope you'd add those thoughts, since you've got both.

the dg380 is a way faster but the polar mount is rock solid. and the screw fixed my dg380.

Anole said:
Is that a 36" dish you put at the base of the pole?
Any problems with snow bothering it?
Wonder if it's fixed or also motorized?

thats a 39" on an sg2100. i mounted it as high as i could and it would just clear the 2 or so feet of snow i have back there this year. i shoulda bought a longer pole becuz im thinking of selling it to a buddy and moving the 1.2m to that spot.

Anole said:
Looks like a 1.2m dish to the far left in your wide-screen picture.
That fixed or motorized?

yes thats a fortec 1.2m on a dg380. it needs some tlc and modding before ill be happy with it. i have a few ideas for it inspired by members of this forum. its pretty heavy to aim and tweak. i have it mounted on a heavy firepit i turned upside down. it needs to be moved when the snow melts so i can cut my grass. (winter testing)

Anole said:
All in all, that's one heck of a fine back yard! - :up
Keep up the good work - it's very encouraging.

thanks. i think my neighbours would have a different word for it. haha. maybe crazy. i like hardware more than tv and i try to have the best i can afford. this mount has been working great since i aimed it. i think the only thing i would do different is leave the actuator mount like i first had it and use a 24" instead of an 18". it was faster at the first mounting pount.

crackt out,.

So you incorporated the declination adjustment with the dish offset adjustment?

I'm fiddling with a newly acquired H2H mount and was trying to keep most of the original adjustments, but now I'm thinking I might just eliminate the separate dec adjustment altogether. It would certainly simplify the contraption.

Good ideas

So you incorporated the declination adjustment with the dish offset adjustment?

I'm fiddling with a newly acquired H2H mount and was trying to keep most of the original adjustments, but now I'm thinking I might just eliminate the separate dec adjustment altogether. It would certainly simplify the contraption.

Good ideas

yes. the offset of the dish is 22.6 and declination for my location is around 7.4. gave me an estimate of approx. 30 degrees total declination. the mount elevation was set for my location and the dish tilted forward 30 degrees from that. it took a bit of fine tweaking to get it to track better but all in all it works very well.

the 2 changes i would make ....

id add a threaded rod at the top to set the dishes declination. itd allow for more control.

id use a larger actuator. the 18 inch jack covers the majority of the ku band arc for me but doesnt allow me to chase anything outside of 58w to 129w.

crackt out,.

Our gold sponsor, Galaxy-Marketing has a 24" motor on their front page right now, for $30.

i saw that. unfortunately ill get pounded on shipping. the site wont even give me a shipping estimate. i have a few 24 inch jacks in the junk pile. but changing the jack will just point the dish at my neighbours tree. ill covince my new neighbour to cut it down before i swap actuators.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)