Another Cubs game not in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
For the 2nd time this week (over the weekend the Cubs/Padres game was joined in progress), E* is not showing the Cubs broadcast on Comcast Sports Network Chicago in HD. This has now happened several times over the course of the season and I'm growing increasingly frustrated. E* really needs to either move to 24/7 RSN's or figure out a way to show every game in HD.

i didn't even know 429 had a non-hd channel! i'm chatting with E* tech support to find out why it's blacked-out in SD only.

I got the usual E* response: bandwidth. No sense getting on the back of the tech support guy. We should just send an email to the CEO address and let them know how we feel. See if that helps.

yeah they have 3 HDALT channels on 441, 442 and 443 they could use for a regular CSN-HD feed, why don't they use 1 of those channels?

It appeared that they missed the Mets vs. Nats HD broadcast on SNY tonight as well. Got home and checked in during the 8th, and found SD only.

Watching the Cubs lose in HD is STILL better than watching 'em lose in SD! At least I can say "wait 'til next year, but at least it's in HD!"

It's tough enough to be a Cubs fan, now I have to do it in SD??

Dish should at least start by putting up the most popular RSN's in 24/7 HD, and they add more when they can. Or at least put them all up at 129 for the WA, as the problem is most likely 61.5 where they could put up as many "eastern" RSN's in 24/7 HD until more bandwidth becomes available (I know! It would be quite a while before the new sat arrives). At least some subs would be satisfied, and the others could be serviced by the current hop-scotch game of part time 24/7 HD. Not a perfect solution, but at least some would be in 24/7 HD as the current arrangment feels like a rip-off with hardly anything in HD on any of the RSN's at any given time. And let's get into the Joined In Progress amateur solution.

Yeah... they are also carrying the Brewers HD feed and the Cardinals HD feed tonight.

That is (was) an incorrect statement. Yes, it showed on both the brewers & cards website that this was an HD game but it was only HD if you lived in the Milwaukee dma. Cards dma was SD and this has happened several time as well. The alternative was to watch the ESPN HD broadcast and listen to their announcers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)