Another Cubs game not in HD

I'm guessing the game was not shown in HD on Comcast Chicago because it was in HD on Fox Sports Net Pittsburg at the same time. Thats at least my thought.

I'm guessing the game was not shown in HD on Comcast Chicago because it was in HD on Fox Sports Net Pittsburg at the same time. Thats at least my thought.
One has nothing to do with the other. Because those in Pittsburgh are able to watch the game in HD does not mean that those in Chicago cannot.

That is (was) an incorrect statement. Yes, it showed on both the brewers & cards website that this was an HD game but it was only HD if you lived in the Milwaukee dma. Cards dma was SD and this has happened several time as well. The alternative was to watch the ESPN HD broadcast and listen to their announcers.
Yes. I live in the dma. I was watching FSBrewers in HD on a sports alt and FSN Midwest on 418. Both in HD.

So... my point is that they were carrying 2 HD feeds of the same game, but not the HD Cubs feed.

Same thing again today.

And they have to rub it in our faces with the score graphic at the top of the screen. It has a big 'CubsNet HD' on the right hand side. Not in HD for me.... :mad:

Same thing again today.

And they have to rub it in our faces with the score graphic at the top of the screen. It has a big 'CubsNet HD' on the right hand side. Not in HD for me.... :mad:

What channel is carrying the game locally? I don't see it on CSN-Chicago in the guide on Direct maybe because it's on the MLB Channel Thursday night game.

I think it's been twice this year that the Mets on SNY have not been shown on the 438 HD channel. On a few additional games, they have been JIP'd! (Joined in progress)

Very strange.....

Friday night's Mariner's game was JIP'd as well. I noticed, once, that an out-of-market MLB game was in-progress, in the 9th inning while the banner on the screen said it was the Mariners game (JIP'd). Thought it was odd that the black-out slate wasn't up. Haven't seen that happen since though. Now, either the M's games are in HD on-time, JIP'd, or in SD only.

Dish needs to allocate more space to the RSN's. Will it happen? I doubt it...

I watched the White Sox last night on Directv and it wasn't in HD either but it was in HD on Comcast. Maybe they are having uplink issues?

I watched the White Sox last night on Directv and it wasn't in HD either but it was in HD on Comcast. Maybe they are having uplink issues?
The White Sox game was on WGN and WGN is not carried in HD by DirecTV. But the game was in HD on FSRN. You could have been able to watch it HD on FSRN.

They were in HD last night on ESPN, losing in crystal clear HD :D

Them dodgers are hot right now, so I can't blame them darn cubbies.

I totally feel your pain tho, with the brewers spuratically in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts