Another Dish Allignment Question

DAJohnsonGymDawg

Original poster
May 10, 2007
Folks,

I have been taking a dish network dish and receiver tailgating at Georgia football games for many years. This year, I have an HDTV to take tailgating. I want to get a dish 1000 for HDTV reception (Atlanta locals on 129 for HD). I have a few of questions.

(1) How much harder is the 1000 to allign than the 500? Is it any more quirky. At home, I have a dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119, plus another dish pointed at 129 that is also a dish 500 with an I bracket, plus another dish pointed at 61.5 (originally for VOOM), but I guess that one doesn't matter much anymore as everything that's on 61.5 is also on 129.

(2) I go to the Georgia/Florida game in Jacksonville every year. In the past, when I've taken my dish with me, I haven't had to change the skew or elevation when taking the dish from Athens to Jacksonville. This has surprised me given that it's a 6 hour trip. Will I probably have to change it with a Dish 1000.

(3) With the dish 500, in Jacksonville, I wasn't able to get the Atlanta locals because of the spot beam. Will this be the same with 129 and the Atlanta HD locals. I guess the proper question is, are the HD locals for Atlanta on spotbeam, and if so, will that spot cover Jacksonville.

Thanks for your help. Go Dawgs!!!

David

You'll want to get a 1000.2 dish to pick up those three satellites. A three satellite dish isn't much more difficult to set up than a two. It's a little heavier, but if you have a decent mount you shouldn't have a problem.

Pointing coordinates are close for the two places, but you'll have to adjust it slightly.

Jacksonville A239 E36 S135
Athens A235 E35 S131

Thanks to both of you. I finally found the spotbeam maps. If the Georgia game were held in Charlotte or Knoxville or Birmingham, I'd be rocking, but no go with Jax. Thanks again. Since downtown Jax is right between all the towers, I guess I'll just spend a few bucks on a cheap ota setup.

David

Why is the Dish advertising so awful?

722 & Cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts