Another Dish and Fox dispute....

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
This isn't with Fox, but it's with the Grant Group that there is apparently a dispute going on between them, and guess who is the one to suffer..... http://www.fox54.com/story/21223950/dish-subscribers-we-have-no-idea-why-dish-unilaterally-took-your-fox-54-and-wamy-off-their-system As usual both sides are saying it's the other. I don't have any hardcore information but I've heard the Grant Group is wanting more money than what the other locals are charging. That's fine with me, I will change my local Fox to one out of Nashville.

[h=2]Another Dish and Fox dispute....[/h] This isn't with Fox, but it's with the Grant Group
This must be from MSNBC or CNN, the headline has nothing to do with the subject

:mad: Yep lost fox 27and cw 21 Lynchburg / Roanoke market thank goodness for over the air. Both stations running scrolling banners saying Dish pulled the plug not them?

I've heard that Dish is shipping people a OTA module to go into their receivers if it doesn't have one with no charge cause of this not to mention give other incentives to make customers happy, can anyone confirm this?

I've heard that Dish is shipping people a OTA module to go into their receivers if it doesn't have one with no charge cause of this not to mention give other incentives to make customers happy, can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm Dish did that for my 922 when WPCH went off air in Atlanta. Shipped it to me no charge. Station came back after about a month.

I only have an original 722, so an OTA module wouldn't be an option for them to offer me. But then, I am too far away (and in a valley) to pick those channels up with an antenna anyway.

However, I just got off of chat with the Loyalty Department and they gave me $10 off for 10 months. I am more than pleased by that, although of course I hope the dispute is resolved sooner rather than later. I am only about 3/4 of the way through my $10 off for 12 months incentive because of the AMC dispute, so these credits definitely help soften the blow of the recent price increase. :D

Why can't Dish give us another FOX station, from a different market, that is not owned by Grant.

legalities.
Satco's can only import a station if there is no affiliate of that network. If there is no Fox in the market then they could
But there is a Fox in the market so they can't import one

dvrexpander said:

I suggested that once, and was told it was not possible because it would require an actual antenna installation and Dish technicians where not trained to install OTA antennas.

It's not just Dish that does this. Yesterday the local CBS was running a crawl saying D* was pulling their channels and suggested everyone affected call E* or Time Warner to keep the channel. This is the wave of the future I fear.

This is hardly anything new. However, providers are not bending over as easily as they did in the past. Charlie used to be "the bad guy" because he would not give in. Now, he's the role model.

It's not just Dish that does this. Yesterday the local CBS was running a crawl saying D* was pulling their channels and suggested everyone affected call E* or Time Warner to keep the channel. This is the wave of the future I fear.
I'm quite certain that every corporation that owns TV stations has letter templates already done up and ready that read:

Attention (insert provider here) viewers ! (insert provider here) may remove our channel from your lineup soon preventing you from watching your favorite programs, your local news and weather, etc, etc. Call (insert provider here) at (insert provider's phone # here) and tell them how you feel. Remember, you can also switch providers to (insert the alternate satellite provider and local cableco if dispute involves a satellite provider).

Our local ABC is leading up to a dispute with DirecTV (golly, I thought it was only Dish....) and has a warning on their Facebook page. One person commented this:
I think this is crap. Both sides are greedy and the consumer pays the price. I've read WKEF-22's statement about other choices such as Dish, Time Warner Cable. The problem is they have this same issue with all the companies as well. I've been with Time Warner, and Dish Network and have had the same issue with this station. Now I'm with Direct TV and going through it again. Come on! Get it together.
I posted this:
WKEF: Will you tell viewers why your station may get dropped ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)