Flint locals

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
What arc,spotbeam are the flint locals on? I have Detroit locals, but my father in law that lives 10 mins up the road from me has Flint locals.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Local dma is determined by your address. If you live in Flint, MI I am surprised you don't already have them. You can go to MyDish.com and see what locals you qualify for and if it should be Flint but you have Detroit then contact Dish via chant or PM a DIRT member here to check it and have it fixed. If you are in Detroit's dma, then research "moving".

I was wrong. Its TP25 but when you are on a local and go into the menu 6-1-1 it shows TP3?

Well I just checked and it made a liar outa me.:eek: You are CORRECT, it's 25. I SWEAR it always said 03 but now it's showing 25.:confused: Tales a LONG time to show the signal strength but eventually it shows up--mine currently is 54 on a cloudy day.

Yep, NEVER underestimate the Iceman!;)

Ed

its possible they were on TP3 before they moved ot the new satellite

When the locals moved in the last month or so to the new satellite (E16) the transponder changed

I'm boarderline so I guess that's why I get Detroit

it goes usually by county so its possible you're in a different county than the FIL

michigan%5B1%5D.gif

Ok I still can't figure why my county plus the county to left of me be listed as Detroit. Doesn't make any sense to me. If I was able to get comcast or charter I would be able to get flint channels. Hmm whatever.

Ok I still can't figure why my county plus the county to left of me be listed as Detroit. Doesn't make any sense to me. If I was able to get comcast or charter I would be able to get flint channels. Hmm whatever.

So I guess you're on the Oakland-Genesee county line? If so then yeah your probably on the oakland county side, therefore you have Detroit locals. If you have a neighbor across the street with Dish or Directv, ask him or her what locals they have. Chances are it'll be Flint's.

Interesting how Lenawee county is in the Toledo DMA, The 2 counties in the SW corner are for Indiana and then 2 more counties in the Upper Peninsula are for Wisconsin and/or Minnesota.:eek: To me if Nielsen is going to determine DMAs, at least keep them in the same state. If we were dealing with a huge city here, I'd understand there would be exceptions to that rule but that's obviously not the case.

I live in St.clair county. But what I don't understand is I'm 45 miles from flint. My local weather is flint because when strong stroms occur they role down I 69 . Detroit weather hardly tell me my weather. I'm 68 miles from detroit

I live in St.clair county. But what I don't understand is I'm 45 miles from flint. My local weather is flint because when strong stroms occur they role down I 69 . Detroit weather hardly tell me my weather. I'm 68 miles from detroit
OK I understand. In that case then I would agree with you. Nielsen thinks otherwise though, unfortunately. And I'd definitely agree that Lapeer County should be in the Flint DMA as well instead of Detroit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)