Another DishAnywhere question

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
DishAnywhere has finally stabilized and has been running reliably for a while.
However, I have two monitors on my desk and I used to be able to drag the DA Player back and forth to which ever monitor I preferred. Now it has decided to plant itself on the primary monitor and won't let me move it.
Does anyone know how to get the player out of full screen mode so I can move and size it to my liking?
I have a Hopper with Sling.

DishAnywhere has finally stabilized and has been running reliably for a while.
However, I have two monitors on my desk and I used to be able to drag the DA Player back and forth to which ever monitor I preferred. Now it has decided to plant itself on the primary monitor and won't let me move it.
Does anyone know how to get the player out of full screen mode so I can move and size it to my liking?
I have a Hopper with Sling.
With my HWS I can double click the left mouse button to switch from full screen to windowed mode (you must place the mouse cursor somewhere inside the video image first). When in windowed mode, I can drag the window to another screen.

Also, when in windowed mode, if you expand the window to full screen (by using the full screen window button in the top right of the browser window, rather than double clicking), you will not be able to move the window to another screen unless you go back to regular windowed mode (not full screen).

To summarize, if you are in real full screen mode, double click inside the video image to return to windowed mode. If you are in windowed full screen mode, click the icon in the upper right of your browser to return to windowed mode.

With my HWS I can double click the left mouse button to switch from full screen to windowed mode (you must place the mouse cursor somewhere inside the video image first). When in windowed mode, I can drag the window to another screen.

Also, when in windowed mode, if you expand the window to full screen (by using the full screen window button in the top right of the browser window, rather than double clicking), you will not be able to move the window to another screen unless you go back to regular windowed mode (not full screen).

To summarize, if you are in real full screen mode, double click inside the video image to return to windowed mode. If you are in windowed full screen mode, click the icon in the upper right of your browser to return to windowed mode.

Yes. I understand. That is what I used to be able to do. Now that will enlarge the image to full screen or shrink the image but the DA viewer remains full screen weather I double click or click the arrow in the corner. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. I haven't tried a different browser recently. An update may have messed with compatibility.

I am using Firefox and Edge on Windows 10, and windowed mode works correctly with both browsers. As you said, it probably would be sensible to try a different browser.

This is a long shot...but it actually happened to me recently.

Windows 10 update automatically updated my video drivers (without telling me or logging the change in windows update history). The 'updated' video drivers did not work in my system and caused a lot of problems, especially with the second monitor. It took a while to figure out that Windows update changed my video drivers, but after I restored my original video drivers, everything went back to normal. I had to use Microsoft's hide update troubleshooter to stop Windows from automatically updating my video drivers to one that was incorrect for my system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)