another dispute (RESOLVED) (Nexstar Broadcasting)

Don't even need All Access. You can watch the lastest 3-4 shows on cbs.com without any kind of login.

CBS All Access,just $5.99 a month,unfortunately no Roku or AppleTV support as of yet. Second choice is OTA antenna.
So, you inaugurate a major network streaming service and you don't make certain the top two solo streaming devices are supported/on board?

Yeah, this CBS all access thing is just fine if I want to watch it on a phone, tablet or computer. On TV though I think, if I'm reading it right (no guarantees there) it needs an internet ready TV. I may be able to do an Apple Air Drop or Air Play thing as well to get it on my Ipad and to the TV. Would be better, IMO, if able to stream it directly to the TV through a device. But...so far none of the Dish disputes involve channels that affect me...yet

If you can watch on a computer with video out you can watch on TV. Just not convenient.

I have an antenna with my converter box, but Kayla LRCH 10 is very hard to pick up at all since they're on 10 VHF, very strange indeed. I sure wish they would move it up more to a UHF frequency instead of where it is now.*KOLR*

its not 1/2 the country. There are 210 DMA's and some of the stations that Nexstar owns are in small markets

I was talking about Dish subscribers vs. Direct subscribers, not geographic area (although Nexstar owns two stations in my DMA and one in each of the two adjoining DMAs, so they've actually got pretty good areal coverage in some parts of the country.) And yeah I know Dish doesn't have 50% of the market, but it's still a substantial amount of people.

If you can watch on a computer with video out you can watch on TV. Just not convenient.

I don't have a Home Theater PC, but I do run an HDMI from the PC to my TV, which comes in handy for things like Watch ESPN. Also if a local channel interrupts programming for weather alerts, I can watch the next day on the networks website.

Reactions: Tampa8
What does it say that people are WILLING to pay for something that others can pick up for free? :oldwink

It's not that, but rather the hassle and cost of putting up an OTA antenna.

Then considering that dish and directv include the locals with the base package, why not just get them on satellite.

You will be surprised how many people refuse to buy an antenna

Reactions: Tampa8
It's not that, but rather the hassle and cost of putting up an OTA antenna.

Then considering that dish and directv include the locals with the base package, why not just get them on satellite.

You will be surprised how many people refuse to buy an antenna
Something tells me more people would be willing to get an antenna if that was the only way to receive the programming. And really? The cost? Putting up an antenna would be less than a year of MVPD service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts