Another DSR410 issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
I'm having fun today!

A guy brought round a DSR410 that he can't get working.

When I switch it on, it's only got channels 1 to 99

I did a factory reset and got 'normal' channel numbering back, put it on 204 but it wouldn't lock so I did a manual tune, got a lock, and left it overnight.

Came to it this morning, switched it off/on, and it's back to channels 1 to 99 channel names including 'CNN' - I wish!

Any ideas on this one?

If I didn't know better I'd swear I was looking at the wrong sat!

Are there any other providers using W5 with the 410s?

Cheers!

Ice - did yours map eventually? I did read the other thread but couldn't see if yours eventually came in.

I hadnt tried in a while. I use a dish that I move out of my garage and tried to map them. I let it sit for 6 hours and nothing

I'll try another time when I have more time :)

IMHO you need an active sub to get the DSR410 mapped for Skyvision.

I had one subbed a while back that I let expire (the Spanish language one, different thread!) - anyhoo, it sits on 204 all day long, green lock, but no new map, and "Sat Setup" still says "X4" - I haven't tried but I reckon if I sub it again, it'll be fine.

I have another one that is working, that needed re-mapping, but it has an active sub still, re-mapping took a few hours.

The one that started this thread has no sub and never has (now the guy tells me!)

hi trinidex.....if ur sure that u on w5 then the next thing is if u are using a dual feed c-band lnb then do not manual tune ..that is only for x4...just put rec on 204 and change lnb coxial wire ...if u are using the v then use h and v-versa...dont forget to factory default the settings first....gl

I found the DSR410s that are not capable of being subbed by Skyvision / SRL, map in the channel numbers differently. For example, 205 is not ALTV or 204 is not GSN. They also display "WSNet" in the banner on the top of the menu.

If you call SRL they can tell by the unit# if it is possible to sub it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.