Another Fine Mess

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swatcat

Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
At the time I have a triple LNB three R10’s and a H10-250 which is hooked up to my HD Panasonic.
I have the Total Choice Premier Package and the HD Package already.
I called and talked to a rep about not receiving my local channels in HD which are available in the Washington DC area.
I have tried using OTA but here in VA there are way to many trees and buildings in the way.
I was assured there will be no problem all they need to do is install the new 5 LNB dish
which will be installed this weekend .
But there seems to be a problem the local channels are in mpeg 4 and the H10-250 receives mpeg 2.
I want my H10-250 but also I want my HD that I paying for.
Is there any way to hook up a H20 to my Panasonic along with my H10-250 using HDMI and component inputs ?
Or should I cancel the order and wait until the new HD DVR is out ?
order.jpg

wolfman said:
Yes. Just hook one receiver to the HDMI input, and the other with the component inputs on the TV.
The problem is going to be he has 4 DVRs already connected that is 8 tuners. The AT9 right now can support a 6X8 switch so how do you feed the 9th tuner? Either disconnect one feed from the HR10-250 or wait for the HR20-250 to be released.:)

AT-9 and more than 8 feeds

I kept my 3lnb and added an AT-9
8 lines into house and can expand to 16 with a 5X8 multi on 3lnb (can diplex OTA)
and zinwell 6X8 on AT-9.
I've heard you could split the 4 inputs from an AT-9 to 2 6X8's and get 16 feeds but haven't seen anyone do it. Non-powered switch may give problems if runs are long. D* will have to come up with a solution for the 8 to 16 feed range.
Doctor j

doctor J said:
Non-powered switch may give problems if runs are long. D* will have to come up with a solution for the 8 to 16 feed range.

I have thought about that problem and well and plan on trying the following:

Initially I am going to try to use a Terk BMS-58 in conjunction with the Zinwell. The powered Terk will be hooed up to the power passing side of the splitters thereby controlling the LNB's. The Zinwell will be on the non-powered side, but will be DC blocked so it won't need to pass the power to control the LNB's. This will get me by initally until all my receivers are HD DVR's:D

Any thoughts on why this may or may not work?

boba said:
The problem is going to be he has 4 DVRs already connected that is 8 tuners. The AT9 right now can support a 6X8 switch so how do you feed the 9th tuner? Either disconnect one feed from the HR10-250 or wait for the HR20-250 to be released.:)

What gets me the DTV rep did not offer any mpeg 4 receiver with the upgrade to the 5 LNB dish.
I was told my H10-250 would receive the local channels in HD with the new dish.
I was thinking of buying the H20 from Best Buy this weekend however having both connected to my Panasonic seems to be to much trouble to go through.
It took me four hours to string duel cables to the master bedroom between the walls where my Panasonic is that's it never again.
Cables to the other rooms in the town house were easy.
I have bought installed all my DTV equipment over the years and have been a long time costumer.
I will go ahead with the installation then call costumer retention and see what they offer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Extra Innings HD

Cancelled DirecTV after 2 weeks -- billing dispute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)