Another FTA project for electronics builders - Diseqc decoder with LCD display

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update - it's seems to be resolved...
Seeing the same here - will contact the provider if it persists - sorry for the hassle.
I'm getting this......

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

Last edited:
I've added asycronous serial output to the DiseqC decoder. Now it can send to and optionally store the results on a computer.

Recently added a super simple Diseqc decoder to the collection of FTA related projects on my website.
With it you can observe the signals being sent from your satellite receiver to switches, movers and LNBs.
http://www.ringolake.com/pic_proj/satellite/sat_projects.html

"I don't sell kits - just give away ideas"

Good projects but someone needs to make PCB's for these. That has been a problem getting the servo to work on FTA receiver. The V box satellite dish mover does not have a servo motor control. I tried a linear c band LNB with electronic polarity control and had to fine tune polarity manually finally gave up and went back to servo motor. Could not see any improvement of new electrically tuned LNB in signal quality on c band.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

I certainly welcome the idea of someone who does pcb layout. I'll assist as possible...

Good projects but someone needs to make PCB's for these. That has been a problem getting the servo to work on FTA receiver. The V box satellite dish mover does not have a servo motor control. I tried a linear c band LNB with electronic polarity control and had to fine tune polarity manually finally gave up and went back to servo motor. Could not see any improvement of new electrically tuned LNB in signal quality on c band.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

For those who have expressed interest in my satellite electronic projects.
I've been in touch with a fellow who has built my devices for sale in the past and he has expressed interest in making the satellite projects. He does nice work and is very reasonable.
I'll keep the group in the loop :)

Mike

The two things I would be interested in purchasing (if someone could fully assemble them or if they came in kits)
would be the "simple DISEQC Message Display from PIC 16F628A" and the "Feedhorn servo controller"

The first one would be extremely educational and useful to me and the feedhorn controller would be nice so I could use some old school LNB stuff, if I felt the need to torture myself, some more. :rolleyes:

:)

I built the basic feedhorn servo controller on his web site and works with the pansat 2700a and open box s10 but will not work with open box X16 as the 14 and 18 volt is slightly different. Working on fixing problem as I need it for that receiver. I have extra IC's programmed in case anyone needs them. A pc board would be nice as this gives auto polor rotor skew for FTA receivers. [h=2][/h]

R2 I parallel a 390k across the 47k and works. The Pansat 2700a was 14 and 18.8 v and openbox x5 is 13.6 and 18.2 v . I like the servo controller as the LEDs show polarity and controls old BUD.

Glad to see I was able to help someone out with that gadget.
Also like your willingness to experiment and tweak.
That's why I do it :)

NOQBH, have you taken a look at this thread? Would be interested in any comments you might have, although I understand that you're probably not using a Raspberry Pi or Arduino or anything like that in your projects.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)