Another H20 Receiver Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bradhasbrouck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I'm expected to get a new HDTV-Ready LCD Flat Panel TV and a DIRECTV H20 Receiver which includes an ATSC Tuner later this year.

However, Since KBJR-TV (Channel 6) and WDSE-TV (Channel 8)
carries Digital Subchannels in the Duluth/Superior area.

Will I still get Local Digital Subchannels within an off-air HDTV
Antenna such as:

KBJR-DT2: NORTHLAND 9 (FORMALLY: Northland UPN)
KBJR-DT3: NBC Weather Plus
WDSE-DT2: PBS
WDSE-DT3: PBS
WDSE-DT4: PBS

with a DIRECTV H20 Receiver?

Last edited:
You should get at least most of them (as long as your in range). The only station that I cant get with a HR10-250 my local PBS sub channel #2( I get it on all my other HD tuners in the house). But I think thats just beacuse they added it recently and D* probably doesnt have that info. It kind of sucks that it just doesnt pickup stuff via a scan like most other HD tuners. The H20 will be the same.

If the channel is broadcasting the H10-250 should pick it up regardless if the guide info is available from Directv.

Since UPN isn't available on a standard-definition receiver.

I'd hope i'll get "Northland 9" (Formally Northland UPN) with a H20 HD Receiver
and an Off-Air HDTV Antenna?

Last edited:
Logic 7 said:
That hasnt been my experience

Then you likely need a bigger or better antenna, or better oriented.

One of our local broadcasters is a CBS affiliate they broadcast on ch 20 for their digital stations. They have added UPN and FOX which are not carried in their DMA by any other broadcasters so CH12-1 is CBS/12-2 is UPN and 12-3 is FOX. I have no problem receiving their digital broadcasts on a H20. I just wonder what will happen come football season will CBS be in HD and FOX be relegated to SD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts