This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Another hopper crashes internet connection

midleman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
United States
Only July 4[SUP]th[/SUP],2012 I trouble shot a loss of internet problem and found that my hopper was crashing out my internet connection. I had the hopper installed in the beginning of June and it was running fine. Starting about July 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] I was getting complaints from my family that they were losing the internet. On the night of July 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], the Joey lost it’s connection to the hopper and I had to reset the both units. After trouble shooting with the internet provider I was able to narrow down what was causing the lost of the internet. When I unplug the hopper, the internet came back up and work fine. I called tech support at dish and was sent to the advance tech support( I had a bad experience with the first tech I talked to, but that is another story) they were unable to help. I had to reboot the system at least twice. I was told to do a follow up a follow hours later and I ended up in the broad band division to log my information down. They were not able to help too. I was told to plug it in when I was not using the internet maybe to finish a download but after a night and morning, the hopper again crashed out the network and I was back to the same problem

I have had the system unplugged for now 11 days. Can anyone help?

Network set up
Hopper- netgear switch- DSL modem/hub
My internet is through my phone provider, I have no cable TV.
I have reset my modem and powered off my switch.

Hopper
Software version
S213 NACB 6/30/12, 1:15 AM
Boot strap version
1212 NACB
Transceiver Firmware
005a
When the hopper is plugged in for 30 minutes the network TX packets 5013 RX 3462after being unplugged for 10 days. After 1 hour the problem returned to the network

Update:
I did the disabling the bridge fix an hour ago and my TX packets 360 and RX packets 1092. That was a major drop and the network has been stable and not knocking people off. Time will tell.