Another hopper crashes internet connection

midleman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
United States
Only July 4[SUP]th[/SUP],2012 I trouble shot a loss of internet problem and found that my hopper was crashing out my internet connection. I had the hopper installed in the beginning of June and it was running fine. Starting about July 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] I was getting complaints from my family that they were losing the internet. On the night of July 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], the Joey lost it’s connection to the hopper and I had to reset the both units. After trouble shooting with the internet provider I was able to narrow down what was causing the lost of the internet. When I unplug the hopper, the internet came back up and work fine. I called tech support at dish and was sent to the advance tech support( I had a bad experience with the first tech I talked to, but that is another story) they were unable to help. I had to reboot the system at least twice. I was told to do a follow up a follow hours later and I ended up in the broad band division to log my information down. They were not able to help too. I was told to plug it in when I was not using the internet maybe to finish a download but after a night and morning, the hopper again crashed out the network and I was back to the same problem

I have had the system unplugged for now 11 days. Can anyone help?

Network set up
Hopper- netgear switch- DSL modem/hub
My internet is through my phone provider, I have no cable TV.
I have reset my modem and powered off my switch.

Hopper
Software version
S213 NACB 6/30/12, 1:15 AM
Boot strap version
1212 NACB
Transceiver Firmware
005a
When the hopper is plugged in for 30 minutes the network TX packets 5013 RX 3462after being unplugged for 10 days. After 1 hour the problem returned to the network

Update:
I did the disabling the bridge fix an hour ago and my TX packets 360 and RX packets 1092. That was a major drop and the network has been stable and not knocking people off. Time will tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts