Another Hopper question

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
Post says hopper and Joey free with at-200 or above.What does it cost for installation? Also is their a commitment of any kind?
Ron

Post says hopper and Joey free with at-200 or above.What does it cost for installation? Also is their a commitment of any kind?
Ron
That is for NEW customers.

For existing customers expect to pay $100 for the upgrade and there has been no word on commitment, but I would assume there is one.

Scott Greczkowski said:

For existing customers expect to pay $100 for the upgrade and there has been no word on commitment, but I would assume there is one.

Ofcourse there is gonna be an agreement. There is always an agreement when you change equipment if you dont pay for it, and sometimes if you do.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I was under the impression that the upgrade was free for current users.I was able to get my eastern arc upgrade and 722k for free by just agreeing to a two year agreement.I was thinking that this upgrade would work the same way.

I was under the impression that the upgrade was free for current users.I was able to get my eastern arc upgrade and 722k for free by just agreeing to a two year agreement.I was thinking that this upgrade would work the same way.

This is a bit different. Plan A customers, a very few, get it free; the rest pay $99/$100 and likely agree to a 24 month contract. All in all, it's cheaper than what 622/722 upgrades cost most of us a few years ago, and they are providing up to 3 Joeys along with the Hopper. You were a late adopter which is why you benefited.

Keep in mind there has to be a service call to install the equipment and maybe a lengthy rewire all over your house. 99 bucks is a bargain for what they may end up doing.

The customer ratings (A,B or C) have been mentioned and questioned in multiple threads. I've seen alot of correct and incorrect info posted and I thought some clarification wouldn't hurt. Existing customers categorized as "Plan A" or "Plan B" (the great majority of customers fall in these categories) will pay $100 for a Hopper and $0 ea. for up to 3 Joeys. "Plan C" customers will pay $200 for a Hopper and $100 ea. for up to 3 Joeys.

I've seen a couple of posts stating that the H/J upgrade would be free for "Plan A" customers. If this turns out to be true I would be surprised and pleased.

With upgrades in the past, the additional "Tech Visit Fee" of $0, $15 or $95 applied. I'm assuming this will continue but I am waiting for info on that.

No Plan A customers pay $0, and both Plan B and C customers pay $100.

There is no rhyme or reason though on whos a Plan A customer and whos a plan B or C customer.

Just to be safe I am saying its $100 for everyone... this way people who get it free get a nice surprise. :D

The Hoppper is $100 & up to 3 Joeys are free for existing customers with a new two year agreement. There is also a service call fee plus any additional custom work.

No Plan A customers pay $0, and both Plan B and C customers pay $100.

There is no rhyme or reason though on whos a Plan A customer and whos a plan B or C customer.

Just to be safe I am saying its $100 for everyone... this way people who get it free get a nice surprise. :D

Is there a way to tell what Plan (A, B, orC) you are currently??

Scott, I've got my DVR paused right now on the segmant of yesterday's Retailer Chat where it shows the pricing table for H/J upgrades. It shows $100 Hopper and $0 Joeys for "A" and "B" customers, and $200 Hopper and $100 Joeys for "C" customers. I guess I'll have to wait for my "Retailer Chat" recap email to see what I'm missing. Can you tell me where in the chat it states the free Hopper for "A" customers, I can't find it. Thanks, Don

Last edited:
If you click on hopper announcements topic it does show a PDF file that explains that existing customers will get an instant 99.00 credit basically making it free. It does say 99.00 for existing customers but on page 2 it says customer will receive an instant 99.00 credit at the time of the order. So hopefully this holds up and it will be free for existing customers. I just got Dish at the end of January so I am hopeful that this holds up and they allow existing customers to get it for free otherwise I will be livid and have to beg them on the phone to not charge me 99.00 for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts