ANOTHER idiotic Dish Troubleshooting call!

wow, i didn't know ketterman's went that far north. Thats a hell of a drive. They are based of the Cape Girardeau area. Look in any local paper down there and you will almost always see an ad Hiring for installers. They can't keep installers, and their turn over rate is crazy. You are better off finding a local retailer, and paying them a couple bucks to re-align the dish.

Kettermans also has a major company base in pittsfield, IL. In fact, until you said that, I thought they were based out of Pittsfield.

The problem I would have is the same that every tech that comes over here has, if they peak it to 118, they lose 129 and vise versa. So, right now I have piss poor signal on 118 and 129. Like I said, all my channels work, just cut out every once in a while. I figure I will have one more tech come over and if they can fix it, fine, if they don't, I will be contacting the resolution team.

IS the mast plumb and level???

I just checked my own 1000+ for comparison

110 TP 31 I get a 62
119 TP 14 I get a 78
129 TP 23 I get a 39 and it still works perfect

P.S. Don't waste your money on a Birdog. I personally HATE them with a passion, but as a customer who will use it occasionally, you really need nothing more than a $20 analog meter that draws it's power from your receiver.

Whats wrong with the birdog???
I have had one for the past 2.5 years and it is the best!!! meter I have ever used. Works great and aims a dish fast. I can a dish 500 in less than 30sec. with that meter.

Its funny, as big of a company that Kettermans is, no one one on this site has EVER said they worked for Kettermans.....goes to show you the overall knowledge of their installers!

P.S. If any of you are installers for Kettermans, More than likely you do quality work and are not like the majority of the installers Kettermans employs. If you are an installer for Kettermans on this site i am sure you agree with the negative comments about Kettermans that are posted on this site.

Whats wrong with the birdog???
I have had one for the past 2.5 years and it is the best!!! meter I have ever used. Works great and aims a dish fast. I can a dish 500 in less than 30sec. with that meter.

Maybe the birdog is an ok meter, if I used one for a week I guess I would get used to it. I use an analog channel master on a regular basis, but a guy who I sometimes work with has a birdog. On the few occasions that I have used it I wanted to throw it off the roof and go get my channel master. I just hate the stupid beeps and the way it doesn't pick up the satellite until you are locked at about 90% or better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)