Another issue...

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Our area for the DVR update today. But now I cannot acccess about two thirds of all my recorded programs. I have an Apricorn DVR Expander, and it appears that those are the programs I can get to. Has anyone else experienced this?

that's the risk you take with unsupported devices
my guess is you have permantly lost your recordings
probably have to reformat ext drive

Thanks DM...I didn't realize that could happen. I most likely will be leaving Cablevision by years end, so I guess I'll lose everything anyway. So, I'll just wait for now.

Thanks again.

There is some issue with add-on drives on the DVR since the DVR update was pushed out. Others are seeing flashing lights on their drives and are having to reboot their DVR and then attach their SATA drive to access their recordings. Wilt is supposedly looking into it, this was on the Yahoo Groups board. If you are not a member I suggest joining.

Our area for the DVR update today. But now I cannot acccess about two thirds of all my recorded programs. I have an Apricorn DVR Expander, and it appears that those are the programs I can get to. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have the 500g DVR expander and as far as I can tell, it still works fine after the update. I would call their technical support (1-800-458-5448).

Whoa whoa whoa...

You were complaining that your recorded programs didn't start when you pressed play. And here I find out that you have an expander.

Again, you are blaming the WRONG thing. Cablevision is not your problem.

Whoa whoa whoa...

You were complaining that your recorded programs didn't start when you pressed play. And here I find out that you have an expander.

Again, you are blaming the WRONG thing. Cablevision is not your problem.

I don't think he's blaming Cablevision....He asked if anyone had the same issue with the DVR expander after the update and then mentioned he is probably leaving Cablevision soon anyway, so he would've lost those recordings at some point.......that's my take anyway.

that's the risk you take with unsupported devices
my guess is you have permantly lost your recordings
probably have to reformat ext drive

unsupported is correct. Cablevision won't support the drive, you'd have to check with Apricorn. But, this is one of the recommended drives from Cablevision. So, while Cablevision acknowledges and approves the use of Apricorn drives with the 8300 boxes, the user (myself included) still takes the risk of possibly losing the information on these drives. Same can be said for the drive in the 8300 too.

Optimum

Relax there Wilbur!!! The problem I had with programs not starting when I selected and pushed play, was BEFORE I added the expander...and it continued AFTER I connected it. This is also prevalent in my SD DVR WITHOUT an expander. Stop being so anxious to prove someone wrong!!!

Yes PJC, that's what I was saying...thank you for speaking up!

I'll lose all my recorded programs when I have to turn in the DVR. I started this specific thread about the issue of losing my programs after the DVR update, as a separate thread to my complaint about the functionality of the boxes themselves or Cablevisions poor HD quality. I am NOT blaming Cablevision for this issue. I merely asked if anyone had this same experience.

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to know...the issues of my lost programs after the DVR update, have been solved. I have total access to all my recorded programs. Like I mentioned, I had a tech from Cablevision assisting me, and everything is back to normal.

For anyone who wants to know...the issues of my lost programs after the DVR update, have been solved. I have total access to all my recorded programs. Like I mentioned, I had a tech from Cablevision assisting me, and everything is back to normal.

any idea what happened or what he did? Just in case I run in to the same situation down the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)