Another Mannning in the SuperBowl

I really like Farve, but sometimes he just starts slinging the ball when there is no need to yet. Green Bay needed to keep their composure on those last few drives, including overtime, and just move the ball on short passes. Farve just started throwing into double and triple coverage way down field for no reason. He lost the game for them. :mad:
Yes his interceptions seemed all a matter of trying too hard to me. As a Cowboys fan I am much more fearful of that backup you have than Farve.

I am a big Favre fan, name one quarterback in history that has done as much to improve a team more then Favre has? There is not one, ever. Who was the packers last Quarterbacks before Favre? ( Majic, Dickie, and many others that could probley struggle to make the Bears starting QB spot) Yes Favre throws picks but he also has still one of the fastest most dangerous arms in the NFL. Was the loss his fault, not really. One play doesn't make a game, he had 240+ yards passing in sub zero temps with windchills in the -20's. Not sure how many people here are from the south and have never felt -24, but it hurts. Hurts to breath, hurts to touch anything cold, really hurts to get hit when it is that cold. Why didn't the Packers run more, or do more "West Coast" offense? Why did every possesion of the Giants turn positive yardage? Also why did the Giants practice outside all week and the Packers in the Hudson center? (inddors for all those that dont know that) The flat out truth, they got outplayed by a team that wanted it more then the Packers did that day. The Packers didn't run worth a crap, they didn't capitalize of Giants miscues when they came along. They had some very bad timing penalties...one of the Giants touchdowns came after two huge third down plays were stopped only to be negated by Defensive penalties. The Giants also missed two easy field goals, 40 and 36 yards. As far as the Pats vs Giants...The Pats are going to be steaming at themselves for playing so badly against San Diego, Bill is going to drill them and get them playing the "jobs" much better against the Giants. The Giants are going to have wide open holes in there defense (nickle package is has more holes then a sponge and with Brady comign off a bad game he is going to fire into them with precision that Eli could only dream of. Pats 45 Giants 20. Eli will throw at least one interception because he will be placed in the we have to do something now position.

Yes his interceptions seemed all a matter of trying too hard to me. As a Cowboys fan I am much more fearful of that backup you have than Farve.

THAT is why all the venom for the Giants....they went into your backyard and kicked your teams behind....but I would guess you would say the same about the Redskins....those two teams are the Cowboys main rivals....

:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river

:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river

I would not be too worried...they have the youngest team in the NFL AND a good future to boot. HOPEFULLY, Favre won't be so hardheaded and help that #2 QB out and teach the
kid the ropes.

I don't think Manning can pull it off just yet, maybe in a couple years he can win one.

Yeah, He is the next Rex Grossman. With weeks to prepare for a QB that is still figuring out how to throw the ball, the Pats will crush the GNATS

The Pats may have crushed some gnats, but they got beat by the GIANTS, and the "QB that is still figuring out how to throw the ball" is the MVP!

So much for predictions! ;)

I'm glad Eli won. Payton may be a good guy by all accounts but Eli doesn't have that fake southern drawl like Payton.

Go Giants!

Archie Manning was a class act and he raised two sons to follow in his footsteps. I just can't stand the team Peyton plays for.

Never met Archie, but Peyton is a jerk and I held Eli Manning in high regard until he turned into a cry baby at draft time. I was rooting for the Pats and Gostkowski! :(

I mean, people are homeless out there in america, and Eli was whining about what team was gonna write him a check for $10 million. Nice.

I mean, people are homeless out there in america, and Eli was whining about what team was gonna write him a check for $10 million. Nice.
As soon as you write your next post about how everyone in America who makes money should give it all up to the homeless, I'll put some credibility into this one.

Yeah, He is the next Rex Grossman. With weeks to prepare for a QB that is still figuring out how to throw the ball, the Pats will crush the GNATS

Rex Grossman??? Why insult Manning like that!

Eli apparently figured out how to throw a ball, avoid a sack, keep his wits about him, and has matured into a clutch QB.

Crush the gnats? Haven't seen Brady's uniform that dirty in a long time. Somebody's going to be spending sometime in the whirlpool today.

Congrats to the Giants, Makes two weeks ago just a bit easier to swallow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)