Another Mirror Question involving 3D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mad Macedonian

Original poster
May 22, 2013
Denver
I am new to SatelliteGuys forums so I appreciate any help.

I have a HR34 with a Sony Bravia HDTV attached to it via HDMI. I just bought a LG 3D TV for my basement. I figure my best bet is to split from the HR34 and have a short run to the Sony and about a 50ft run to the LG. I don't mind having the same picture on both as neither will be on at the same time.

My question has to do with the 3D. I know HDMI cables support 3D and the splitter I buy from monoprice will also support 3D, sooooo is it just that simple? Can I get 3D programming downstairs and 2D upstairs? Am I missing something?

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. If I go with a switch, then there is no way to watch both TVs at once with the same program, correct? Where as a splitter you have that option.

If i did install a switch, can I watch live programming downstairs and a recorded show from the HR34 upstairs? I am assuming no from my limited knowledge because once I switch the signal downstairs, there is nothing going to the Bravia.

No you would not, you can try the splitter, I have one with my Dish sub and it has issues sometimes where I have to unplug one or the other sets for it to work in the other room.( I mainly watch DIRECTV in that room, it's one of my 3D sets)

your best option would be to get a client and put at the other location, but another option without going through a splitter or switch, would be at main tv to use component cables to go from receiver to tv, then the mirrored tv to use the long hdmi.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)